Finally a working LED flashlight!

This is a discussion on Finally a working LED flashlight! within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I know some people didn't like that the only option for an Ally flashlight were ones that use the screen, or using the LG Hidden ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a working LED flashlight!

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I know some people didn't like that the only option for an Ally flashlight were ones that use the screen, or using the LG Hidden Menu to turn on the LED for 30 seconds at a time. Well now there is an LED app that works. Download "Flashlight LED" from the market (exactly as I typed it, there is another "flashlight led" app that I'm not sure about). This one works for the Ally. Not sure if it's my phone but the light kind of pulses, but at least it stays on.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It works! Yeah, it pulses on mine too. If you listen carefully, it sounds like it's taking pictures repeatedly.

Anytime I need a flashlight, I just turn on the video camera. Nice steady light and as a bonus....after a while you get lots of little movies of you looking for stuff that you can giggle at and delete later.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I tried this app and uninstalled. I didn't like how it kept trying to focus my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Anytime I need a flashlight, I just turn on the video camera. Nice steady light and as a bonus....after a while you get lots of little movies of you looking for stuff that you can giggle at and delete later.

yes!! its fun to go through your phone a few days later..."what the.... oooo i was trying to find my keys haha delete" any other time i use flashless flashlight works good

I can't get any of them to work. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    I know some people didn't like that the only option for an Ally flashlight were ones that use the screen, or using the LG Hidden Menu to turn on the LED for 30 seconds at a time. Well now there is an LED app that works. Download "Flashlight LED" from the market (exactly as I typed it, there is another "flashlight led" app that I'm not sure about). This one works for the Ally. Not sure if it's my phone but the light kind of pulses, but at least it stays on.

What is the Hidden Menu??

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What is the Hidden Menu??

I know this works if you're using Launcher Pro....

Long press on one of your screens where you want to create the shortcut and select 'Shortcuts'. Then select 'Activities'. Scroll down until you see 'com.lge.LgHiddenMenu' and select it. It will expand and you should select 'Flash LED On/Off'. Click OK. Click on your newly created shortcut and click the check box and voila, you have an LED flashlight. I think it only stays on for about 30 seconds and you have to be sure to select the back button instead of the home key to get out of the program. Otherwise, the LED notification light will keep flashing the different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    I know this works if you're using Launcher Pro....

Long press on one of your screens where you want to create the shortcut and select 'Shortcuts'. Then select 'Activities'. Scroll down until you see 'com.lge.LgHiddenMenu' and select it. It will expand and you should select 'Flash LED On/Off'. Click OK. Click on your newly created shortcut and click the check box and voila, you have an LED flashlight. I think it only stays on for about 30 seconds and you have to be sure to select the back button instead of the home key to get out of the program. Otherwise, the LED notification light will keep flashing the different colors.
    i dont see "activities" i see applications, but there's no com.lg.hidden. thing, tho i did see this listed under something before. i just can't remember where.

Yes - It worked. Anything else in the Hidden Menu worth knowing??

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links