Status light

This is a discussion on Status light within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hey everyone, I have just recently moved from teh blackberry world to the wonderful world of the Droid. I have been using my Ally for ...

Thread: Status light

Hey everyone,

I have just recently moved from teh blackberry world to the wonderful world of the Droid. I have been using my Ally for a few weeks and I am still trying to get it customized to be "me". When I had the blackberry there was an app called "be buzz" that let you change the color and the flash frequency of your status light. Is there any app like that for the droid? I loved that I could change my LED to flash a quick blue for messages and a slow orange for calendar ect...

Thanks for your help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    There are a few apps that do this which are meant for "Android" phones in general, but unfortunately when applied to the Ally we find they don't work completely. I've found apps that let me change the LED color, but changing the frequency seems to be impossible so far, unless anyone has come across something new that I haven't heard of yet.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Sms pop up app will let you do so for messages and even change colorb and freq for individual contacts. App is in market.

Quote Originally Posted by Wi11iam View Post
    Sms pop up app will let you do so for messages and even change colorb and freq for individual contacts. App is in market.

I can vouch for SMS Popup -- it works great on my Ally. If you do install it, remember, though, to turn off notifications on the built-in messaging app; otherwise, you'll get dual notifications every time you get a text.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I see two SMS Popup apps on the market. I took a guess and tried the one developed by "Adam K". I am getting the same results as always, I can change the color but not the rate of the flash. Those of you saying this app "works", did I download the same one you're using, and can you do anything more than change color?
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

BMB, You're using the same one I downloaded. What I like most about it is the quick-response box it pops up when I receive an incoming message. I messed with changing the light, vibrate and other "notification" effects, but didn't really do much with that end of it and was a little let down. I could not figure out a way to get it to do what I want, which is for the light to flash about three times in a row, instead of the single flash. However, the quick response box stays onscreen for several seconds, so even if I don't hear or feel my phone (say, driving along with the stereo loud and my phone in its bracket), I can glance at it and see that I've got a new message, who it's from, what it says, etc.

On re-reading your post, I see we're both after the same thing when it comes to the notification light. If you find a better app for it, let me know, please!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links