Facebook Places & Errors

This is a discussion on Facebook Places & Errors within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have had many issues with my LG Ally. Currently I am on my 3rd replacement in a few months. Not one of my three ...

Thread: Facebook Places & Errors

I have had many issues with my LG Ally. Currently I am on my 3rd replacement in a few months. Not one of my three phones have worked for Facebook Places. I go to the browser go to facebook then click on places and it acts like its going to load then gives up and just closes the browser. if i open the browser again it goes back to my home page (google). I just got the newest verison of Software and still unable to access facebook places. i know the GPS works because the car navigation works, and i have it set to allow access for my location. If i turn off the GPS it immediatly loads and says unable to find location.

I have had other issues such as random restarts, errors in text messaging, screen freezing and the phone pad not working properly. I hit a number and it will show what number i pressed but the phone wont actually put through what i entered. But sometimes the phone works fine.

Is anyone else having these issues?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I have never used this feature but I gave it a try just to see if I could help you. I turned on my GPS, opened my browser, went to Facebook.com, went to Places, it read my location for a few seconds, and then gave me the option to share my location with my friends. So it appears I didn't run into any problems and definitely no reboot or anything like that. Are you using the stock browser app?
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Yes i am using the stock web browser. And with my last replacement i havent added any applications at all. its completely stock except for my my contacts and photos on my SD Card.

any ideas on the random restarts, phone freezing, or text message errors?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Only thing I can really think of that causes random restarts is the phone running out of memory, and you just mentioned that you don't even have any extra apps installed at this point, so there should be plenty of memory. I'm not too sure what the problem might be.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Have you received the latest upgrade yet? This is supposed to solve some of the reboot issues.

Motorola Droid 4

Hey, Subie, for the Facebook places option, make sure you have the google location checked. Go to settings> Location & security & make sure the Use Wireless Networks box is checked. That's what worked for me!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links