App to share files

This is a discussion on App to share files within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there any apps that allow you to upload a file to a public file sharing site like rapidshare, 4shared, or madiafire. I know I ...

Thread: App to share files

Is there any apps that allow you to upload a file to a public file sharing site like rapidshare, 4shared, or madiafire. I know I could probably do it with the web browser but an app would be better I think. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried searching the Market for any of those names?

yes, nothing. Thats why I asked here. perhaps someone knows of an app thats not in the market.

"DropBox" comes to mind but I think that it is for storing your own files. I don't know about the sharing features. I tried an app that let me invite people to my Picasa albums but I found a bookmark shortcut on my home screen to be just as simple and takes less space on the phone.

You can share a file or even a folder (I believe) with DropBox but it would not be editable by the other person. They can only view it.

Dropbox did not allow uploading a file straight from my phone... I found one called Box.Net, the app is made by estudio. its exactly what I was looking for. I upload a file from my phone, it gives me a url and I can then email or SMS the url to someone.

I'm able to upload a file that's on my phone directly to Dropbox using the Dropbox app. I can then share via SMS, email, Facebook,or Twitter. Plus it's free. Looked like Box.net was a pay service with a 14 day free trial.

Edit: Just noticed the 14 day trial was for businesses and it's free for public use. However, you get 2GB with Dropbox compared to 1GB with Box.net.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links