Microsoft Tag Reader

This is a discussion on Microsoft Tag Reader within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Have you used Microsoft Tag Reader? I was sitting in the doctor's office today skimming a magazine (I know, right? Reading a magazine when I ...

Thread: Microsoft Tag Reader

Have you used Microsoft Tag Reader? I was sitting in the doctor's office today skimming a magazine (I know, right? Reading a magazine when I have an Ally in my hands?) Anyway, I came across a story that had this little box and it said to get the app to let it direct you to the video online. I did and was sort of amazed at the technology. You just open the app, aim it at the box and poof...it opens the content. There was no clicking or anything...just aim and BAM. As cool as it was, I've already uninstalled it since I don't normally buy magazines. If I ever see another one, I'll get it on the spot and run it again. Or, if I start seeing lots of these 'tags' then maybe I'll get it and keep it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think that's the augmented reality thing. The thing that you're supposed to be able to do with the Iron Man comic that nobody seemed to get even though it was so heavily promoted.

I was supposed to get a comic book with my phone? I got ripped off. :-/

It figures, Microsoft can't just use the QR Codes like everybody else, they have to come up with their own tags. But they do look better than the plain black and white QR Codes.

It also asks for way too much permission for what it is supposed to do but then again it is Microsoft.

1. Your Location (GPS)

2. Network Communication (Intenet Access)

3. Your Personal Information (Contact Data)

4. Hardware Controls (Camera)

5. Services that Cost You Money (Send Phone Calls and Text)

6. System Tools (Prevent Phone Sleep)

Network Communication, Hardware Controls, and System Tools is all it really needs.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links