Barcode scanner question

This is a discussion on Barcode scanner question within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have installed the barcode scanner and love it! I use the OI Shopping list and the barcode plug in works great for adding things ...

Thread: Barcode scanner question

I have installed the barcode scanner and love it! I use the OI Shopping list and the barcode plug in works great for adding things to my list. My question is more about the QR scan function. I have used it a few times and think it's really sci-fi cool. However, you don't really know what is in the code until you click it. So far, it has only been links to the web that have been encoded and it shows you the link it will take you to, then you click it. I understand it has the capability to send a phone number as well. Does anyone know if it will also show the info for the user to confirm the call, or will it just BAM make the call without any prompting? I really don't want to get stuck calling Hong Kong if I scan a code. Thanks for any info.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It does not automatically call the number.

I have a QR code for my phone number. I am planning on adding it to my business card. Instead of giving someone my business card, they can just scan the code.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links