Fancy Widget

This is a discussion on Fancy Widget within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; For those who wanted it, Fancy Widget is back in the market now....

Thread: Fancy Widget

For those who wanted it, Fancy Widget is back in the market now.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thank you so much for this news!

this is awesome i get the high and low of the day without going into an app

I like the old style HTC Sense look, but this new version has some nice new features. Glad I saved the old .apk file so I can use either one.

I tried it but have since returned to Sense Analog. Sense Analog's clock offers more information, like the battery % meter, battery temperature and Free Memory for the SD Card, Internal RAM and Free RAM. It is also at least half, maybe 1/3, the size. You can make the hours button link to any app, change the time font color, show when the next alarm time is set, Hi/Lo and current weather which links to the forecast... and you can get a 4x1 or 4x2 version. You can then use add-on skins to further customize the display.

If you like Fancy Widgets, check out Sense Analog. I am curious about your impressions.

it took me a couple days to figure this out...if the clock isnt updating it means the app is being killed...i unchecked fancy widget in atk and its working perfectly now

p.s. sense analog...by factory widgets? theres a few here which do you reccomend?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I tried it but have since returned to Sense Analog. Sense Analog's clock offers more information, like the battery % meter, battery temperature and Free Memory for the SD Card, Internal RAM and Free RAM. It is also at least half, maybe 1/3, the size. You can make the hours button link to any app, change the time font color, show when the next alarm time is set, Hi/Lo and current weather which links to the forecast... and you can get a 4x1 or 4x2 version. You can then use add-on skins to further customize the display.

If you like Fancy Widgets, check out Sense Analog. I am curious about your impressions.

I tried it and I really like the system information it gives you, but I think the original Fancy Widget is a little more polished and professional looking. I will admit that it may have more to do with what i'm used to looking at than one being more polished looking. It's a tough call to make because I really do like the extra information it provides. I had been using RamDroid widget to monitor available memory so it would be nice to have one widget that does what I was using two widgets to do. I might keep it on the phone for a few days to see if I can get used to the look of it.

Thanks for the heads up...

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    p.s. sense analog...by factory widgets? theres a few here which do you reccomend?

Yes it is by Factory Widgets. What the Dev did was make many that you can try. That way when you choose one, you don't have a lot of unused customizations on your phone that take up space. This, in theory, leaves more free RAM available in the phone, according to the Official page.

I did like Fancy Widgets. What I liked most was that the font was exact to what is on the unlock screen. It made it look streamlined. It is subjective, though.

My ultimate decision was based on the extra info that allowed me to remove other widgets, like a battery meter, and that I could use a 4x1 widget, which I prefer. I also noticed Sense Analog used less RAM when I checked usage through Running Services, but it wasn't too big a difference.

I also converted over to Sense Analog...even made a post about it a few days ago. I like the system info and knowing what the RAM level is at with a glance is great. In Android System Info, there are kill levels set and when I see that I am getting close to that higher kill level, I finish what I'm doing and then reboot the phone. This frees up whatever was eating up the RAM gives it a fresh start. I think low RAM and the system killing off processes is why some of yall are losing notifications. I could be way off base, but that's my take on it.

But back to Sense... I like how it looks on my screen. A tip....keep the weather updates set to every few hours to limit how often it syncs. If you need current weather RIGHT NOW, just tap the weather icon and do a refresh. It might not update the widget until the next update time, but the current weather will be on the screen for you to see.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links