Best music app?

This is a discussion on Best music app? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I am looking for the best music app to play songs I have loaded on my Ally. The default music player is okay, but its ...

Thread: Best music app?

I am looking for the best music app to play songs I have loaded on my Ally. The default music player is okay, but its a pain in the butt to shut off. I use double twist to manage my music but the app also uses media playback service and I have to kill it manually/

Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I personally use TuneWiki. Plays my local media nicely. It also shows song lyrics as the song plays but this can be disabled in the preferences. It also is the best shoutcast internet radio player for android in my opinion. It is also a last.fm client (kind of like pandora). Best of all it is free!!

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I personally use TuneWiki. Plays my local media nicely. It also shows song lyrics as the song plays but this can be disabled in the preferences. It also is the best shoutcast internet radio player for android in my opinion. It is also a last.fm client (kind of like pandora). Best of all it is free!!

Great! I will check it out now. Thanks

Seems like a pretty cool app but again I have to back out of it and go into running services to kill it. Unless i am missing something.

if thats your concern then don't worry.... While the app is playing you will notice an icon up in the notification bar. if you pause a song (same as stop) you will notice that icon goes away. When the icon is gone the app is as good as gone even if it still shows up in whatever task manager you are using. Like most other apps, if it is not in the foreground and is not performing any functions then it is not using any resources. Android is good like that. if you search this forum or even google you will see many debates on wether or not you should use a task killer on android and if killing background tasks is good or bad. Do some research and come to your own conclusion and do what works best for you....... I'm not sure if there are any music apps that have an actual "exit" or "close" button. MixZing is another that a lot of people like. Give that a go, there is a free version. PlayerPro is another popular player though not free.

I read an article once where a google employee who tests other peoples apps marks points off for any app that has an exit option. He said it was not needed but I always add one to my apps because users expect one.
    Motorola Droid 4

Alrighty then I'll buy that. Thanks.

Doubletwist is an all in one media player and it's free, give it a try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links