Launchers

This is a discussion on Launchers within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Launcher Pro vs ADW Launcher..... I know these have probably been talked about ad nauseum, but there have been updates to both programs. Which one ...

Thread: Launchers

Launcher Pro vs ADW Launcher..... I know these have probably been talked about ad nauseum, but there have been updates to both programs. Which one are you running? Did the last updates make you uninstall and switch? I don't have one yet, but am considering adding one since from what I understand, they use less RAM. So, if I were to take the plunge, which would be the better option. Right now, I am using just the stock android launcher...no the LG Home one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

LauncherPro seems to be the most popular and some say the smoothest, but I just never liked the Dock icons. For months after I got my Ally, I used ADW and after tweaking most of the settings, I found it to be just as smooth and responsive as LauncherPro. For the past month though, I have made the switch to Zeam Launcher. It may not have all the fancy custimization features of LP or ADW, but it is very light on memory usage compared to the other two, which in the end is more important to me than how much I can customize things. I'd rather have the extra memory for running apps than running my launcher.

With regards to memory, I believe any of the custom launchers use less RAM than either of the stock ones, but don't quote me on that. I know that Zeam does, but I never actually compared LP or ADW to the stock ones so I may be wrong.

I went ahead and installed the Launcher Pro app and the Zeam app. Poked around with both of them, and I think I prefer Zeam. It's fast, easy enough to customize the dock and and my available ram has almost doubled. I'll be using this until something else catches my eye.

I have not used Zeam because when I got LauncherPro I was very impressed. Zeam appears (from my forum trolling) to be recent. What I like about LauncherPro are the ability to get missed numbers in my dock, meaning a number icon for missed calls and unseen E-mails in the dock. 3 different docks, that separately scroll from the home screens. 7 Screens that allow Home twice to take you to your default screen. 3 Homes pushes will show all (up to) seven screens. And when you long touch a program and move it to the trash, hold it longer and you will be prompted to delete the app. Also the ability to hide icons of unwanted apps in the App Drawer. I have not heard such specifics about Zeam. Can it do that?

I have tried all 3 and prefer LauncherPro, pretty much for all the same reasons as Qasar mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I have not used Zeam because when I got LauncherPro I was very impressed. Zeam appears (from my forum trolling) to be recent. What I like about LauncherPro are the ability to get missed numbers in my dock, meaning a number icon for missed calls and unseen E-mails in the dock. 3 different docks, that separately scroll from the home screens. 7 Screens that allow Home twice to take you to your default screen. 3 Homes pushes will show all (up to) seven screens. And when you long touch a program and move it to the trash, hold it longer and you will be prompted to delete the app. Also the ability to hide icons of unwanted apps in the App Drawer. I have not heard such specifics about Zeam. Can it do that?

Zeam does do the app uninstall thing, but does not hide unwanted apps. That one is no big deal to me because all my unwanted apps have long been deleted after I rooted my phone so there not in the app drawer anyways. Zeam supports up to 7 home screens and if you double tap the screen it will bring up preview windows of all 7 (or however many you use) like the HTC Sense launcher does. The dock bar is interesting because it's scrollable. You can put as many icons in it as you want and scroll through them from left to right or right to left. In theory, you could literally have no home screen app shortcuts and access all your apps right from your dock bar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links