Firefox for Android

This is a discussion on Firefox for Android within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Mozilla's Firefox browser is supposed to be available for Android 2.0 and up now. I downloaded it and tried to install, but it won't run ...

Thread: Firefox for Android

Mozilla's Firefox browser is supposed to be available for Android 2.0 and up now. I downloaded it and tried to install, but it won't run saying that there's not enough room on my Ally to run it then it gives me the "manage apps?" option. I've cleared more than enough room for it (it was time to lose a bunch of apps I never use anyway) to run, but still no luck. Has any one tried to install the Firefox (beta) browser app with any success on the Ally yet?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well the apk is 13MB so its probably 20Mb after being extracted and installed. Way to big. Dolphin is a great browser and just a couple megs. I wouldn't bother with this unless you have apps2sd.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Well the apk is 13MB so its probably 20Mb after being extracted and installed. Way to big. Dolphin is a great browser and just a couple megs. I wouldn't bother with this unless you have apps2sd.

1. With apps2sd, do the apps just run normally from the SD card?

2. Can I just put the majority of my apps (like games, Pandora, other tools I added from market) on there and the Icons will stay where they are on my home screen and it will pretty much be business as usual?

3. Is that something that Froyo is supposed to do if we ever see it?

4. How do I tell what "class" my sd card is? (came with Ally)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links