Apps for temporarily disabling data?

This is a discussion on Apps for temporarily disabling data? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, I'm trying to find an app that will temporarily disable data downloads (but not voice calls and texting). I've tried APNdroid and Toggle Data, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps for temporarily disabling data?

Hi, I'm trying to find an app that will temporarily disable data downloads (but not voice calls and texting). I've tried APNdroid and Toggle Data, but neither of those work on my LG Ally. Are there others? Do those work for any of you? They do nothing on my phone.

I installed something to turn on Airplane Mode at midnight and turn it back off at 8 a.m. Am trying to find other ways to stop data downloads. I'm limited to 150 mb per month and this phone constantly seems to want to update itself in the background. But the only app I've installed (and kept) was PowerAmp (music player). Not sure what's with all the data downloads.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Okay, I finally found one! "Quick Settings" works. :-) It turns off the 3G network so I don't see how any data could possibly download. Guess I'll find out. Am testing to see if text messages still work.

Cool app -- it lets me keep Wi-Fi on with 3G off. I guess that means if I had a wireless at home I could just use that when I'm here (and not worry about stuff downloading via 3G and eating up my data usage per month). I might be wrong about how that works (I'm new at this whole smartphone thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    Cool app -- it lets me keep Wi-Fi on with 3G off. I guess that means if I had a wireless at home I could just use that when I'm here (and not worry about stuff downloading via 3G and eating up my data usage per month). I might be wrong about how that works (I'm new at this whole smartphone thing).

thanks for this. keep up on your review after a few days of using it.

i was looking for something just like this. i'll be downloading it at lunch today. : )

So far it works great! One thing to note: When you first get it, you won't see the option to disable the mobile data network right away. It's hidden but appears when you hit "Customize" and choose the options you want.

I have 3G off and am currently connected to my workplace's Wi-Fi. It's faster anyway!

So far it works great! One thing to note: When you first get it, you won't see the option to disable the mobile data network right away. It's hidden but appears when you hit "Customize" and choose the options you want.

I have 3G off and am currently connected to my workplace's Wi-Fi. It's faster anyway!

i DL'd it, but i'm really not seeing where the "Customize" setting is

i have the free version of the app, but its not showing me that setting. thoughts?

where can i find this app at?

@Varg Click the settings key on the Ally (I guess that's what you call it -- the key to the right of the Home key), and then you'll have "Customize" and "Preferences" options.

@matt231989 I just found it on the Android Market. Here's a link:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...uick-zmDq.aspx

I normally call it the Menu button but Settings Key is a good name for it too.
    Motorola Droid 4

@Varg Click the settings key on the Ally (I guess that's what you call it -- the key to the right of the Home key), and then you'll have "Customize" and "Preferences" options.

@matt231989 I just found it on the Android Market. Here's a link:

http://www.androlib....quick-zmDq.aspx

Thank you. and i actually had the incorrect app downloaded, which is why i wasnt seeing the customize option... apparently there are two apps called "quick settings" that look similar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links