apps that start themselves?

This is a discussion on apps that start themselves? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; A couple of times now I've looked in the Running Applications list to find that there were applications running that I had not started. A ...

Thread: apps that start themselves?

A couple of times now I've looked in the Running Applications list to find that there were applications running that I had not started. A couple of the persistent ones (that always seem to restart themselves) are Skype Mobile and Backup Assistant (neither of which I need). How do I stop them from constantly restarting? I assume both of them use network data, so I don't want them running.

To clarify: I've never opened or used either of them, so I don't know why they show up.

Thanks, Phyllis

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In short, you can't. The topic has been covered many times.
    Motorola Droid 4

Drop your phone out of a 3 story windows onto concrete. Those apps will never start again I promise

Hah! Well, I spent much of the afternoon trying to figure it out. :-)

It looks like I need to learn the root the phone. Not afraid to try that, having never been overly fearful of messing with an operating system. I think I read that "Titanium Backup" is one of the apps that will kill unnecessarily running software. Though I think there are others for specifically that purpose. I'll study up on it, install one of them and remove that program.

I wouldn't mind the programs being on there if they wouldn't run in the background. I have the feeling it's draining my battery because it wants those programs to sync (which I'm not allowing -- I don't turn on the data networks except when I need them). But it bugs me in general to have software I don't want forced down my throat.

If nothing else, I'll hand the phone to my programmer buddy and ask him to remove it. He's already written software for an Android, so I don't think it'd be much of a challenge. I'd really prefer to do it myself though.

Phyllis

Were you able to kill them?

Haven't had a chance to try it yet (been traveling). Here's a good link I saw on rooting though:

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-rooting

I use the advanced task killer set to crazy level auto kill and auto kill every time the screen is off.

i went with simple task manager and it has a boost shortcut that kills alot of crApps like skype and myspace. Makes a big difference in performance of my phone. I had ATK before, but prefer Simple Task Manager. I also don't have any apps on my screen, just weather and that boost shortcut.

update. I installed some pro version apps that were sent to me by a friend. With no ads running on the apps, they all run alot faster. I have thought about rooting the phone since i have a ton of apps on my computer. I heard rooting a phone makes it alot faster, but unless you overclock the processor you still can't install flash.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links