ThinkFree Office Pdf reader?????

This is a discussion on ThinkFree Office Pdf reader????? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, Well, I've searched the forum for topics about the ThinkFree Office and how it works, etc, but haven't found anything to help me with ...

Thread: ThinkFree Office Pdf reader?????

Hi,

Well, I've searched the forum for topics about the ThinkFree Office and how it works, etc, but haven't found anything to help me with my problem. I can't open any Pdf files with ThinkFree. I've read that it has a Pdf reader, but when I try to open a file, all I get is a download unsuccessful message. Do I have to sign up or install anything to be able to use it??? I've tried everything I could think of, and yes, before anyone asks, I can open the pdf files just fine on my computer, and I have followed the instructions I found on this forum as well, but to no avail. BTW, I was using web based yahoo email as I haven't decided to download the yahoo mail app because of the memory it takes up. I need help!! This is one of the reasons I bought this phone was so I could get my email on the go.

Also, another question; would any of the app killers talked about shut down some of the preloaded apps I don't want to use, like google talk, dual time, and a few others that seem to constantly start on their own. I go into settings-apps-running services, and shut them down again quite regularly to save data and battery usage. Which app killer is most recommended for this??

Other than these problems, and a few things I'm still trying to figure out (but am having much success thanks to this forum-THANKS!!), I'm really liking this phone!!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try to download the attachment to the phone first, then open the file using ThinkFree. The Gmail app sends to SD Card/downloads/. The browser sends things there, too. I assume yahoo would do the same.

Check out AppBrain.com. You can search Apps and list by rating.

Download adove reader and install. I think you will able to open pdf files.

IMO the problem is the interface between Gmail and ThinkFree. You might have the same problem with other readers, i.e. you may have to save locally to view in the Adobe Reader App, too. Any time I had a problem viewing an attachment in E-mail I just save it locally first. Also, I don't want to take up space with an App that does what is already covered by an App I cannot remove.

Having just re-read your post, have you ever opened ThinkFree before this download? The first time you open ThinkFree you must Accept the terms. Maybe you didn't do that yet?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links