Updated Handcent

This is a discussion on Updated Handcent within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I did an update on Handcent and now I do not get any audible notification. I only get a vibrate notification. I have went through ...

Thread: Updated Handcent

Android Lurker kbriggs77@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I did an update on Handcent and now I do not get any audible notification. I only get a vibrate notification.

I have went through all the settings and the correct settings are checked but I still do not get any audible noticification.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled the app and nothing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What version of Handcent are you using? Have you checked your volume settings? Make sure you have your media, ringer, and notifications all turned up because I *think* based on where you have your ringtone stored, it will rely on that particular sound setting being turned up. I am pretty sure I have the latest Handcent version since there is no update in the market and I have no problems with the sounds. Remember, just like our PCs...when something doesn't work right, reboot the phone and see if that fixes things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    What version of Handcent are you using? Have you checked your volume settings? Make sure you have your media, ringer, and notifications all turned up because I *think* based on where you have your ringtone stored, it will rely on that particular sound setting being turned up. I am pretty sure I have the latest Handcent version since there is no update in the market and I have no problems with the sounds. Remember, just like our PCs...when something doesn't work right, reboot the phone and see if that fixes things.

I have all the volumes turned up. Everything seems to be set as it always has. It just will not ring. It will only vibrate.

I even uninstalled then reinstalled Handcent. That didn't work either. It must be an operator error.

Try the 3 degrees of Separation (from the Cache):

1. Restart the phone. Some stuck messages or processes usually need a restart.

2. Hard Reboot. Pull the battery for a few seconds then replace it. This is really when you are really stuck, as in frozen. It sounds like where you are. Did you try it just to see what happens?

3. Factory Reset. Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset, OR with phone off hold Volume, Home and Power a few seconds. This will wipe the phone and return it to the factory default aka "Out of box" condition.

But before you try a Factory Reset, I have a theory that is just a theory. If I remember correctly, Handcent put a folder on my SD Card. When I removed Handcent I had to go in and manually remove the folder. What if that folder holds a shortcut to a notification sound that is no longer there? Again, just a theory.

If all else fails a Factory Reset is not really a big deal. I've done it twice already, the last time after the update. Just make sure your contacts and calendar are synced with Gmail. The Reset will not affect your SD Card.

I pulled the battery for about 20 seconds and put back in. It works again. THANKS!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links