Flash Player on Ally?

This is a discussion on Flash Player on Ally? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ok got sick and tired of waiting on verizon to give up the correct answers (was told that any standalone store could upgrade the Ally's ...

Thread: Flash Player on Ally?

Ok got sick and tired of waiting on verizon to give up the correct answers (was told that any standalone store could upgrade the Ally's software to the new VZD - store says uhhhh no we can't) so went to LG's site and downloaded the updater, installed the drivers, (then found after you connect the phone to the computer you have to go to settings/applications/developement and check usb debugging in order to install the rest of the drivers to get the updater to work). Soooo I now have Froyo 2.2.1 on my Ally, I LOVE IT, but where can I get Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for it???? Adobe and Market says it is hidden unless you are running Android 2.2 then it will be visible??? I've searched market and the net looking for it but to no avail, is it not yet available? Or does it need to be coded for the Ally? Or is it because Verizon has yet to mass release the update so they figure no Ally's are looking yet... Any idea's??? Thanks for your help in advance, if I find a solution I'll post it....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Minimum system requirements for Flash is an ARMv7 proccessor, the Ally has ARMv6. We cannot get Flash because of the processor and no other reason, at least for now it mkght get hacked by some brilliant dev or hacker. I downloaded several flash apk's and installed them but none worked.

How do we not get flash wtf......the 1st gen droid has it.lg wtf.I'm gonna buy the droid x.I held out for the keyboard.and I'm a former env3 user.wtf..........

Quote Originally Posted by J0Y View Post
    How do we not get flash wtf......the 1st gen droid has it.lg wtf.I'm gonna buy the droid x.I held out for the keyboard.and I'm a former env3 user.wtf..........

the answer of why we don't get flash is in marioval's post, here is a quote from a post by a LG forums moderator:

"Ok I've got 2.2 now, do we have flash or not?!?! (I can't find a download for it)

Adobe set the minimum requirements for Flash 10.x to Phones with an ARMv7 processor, the Ally only has an ARMv6"

you can read the answers about why no flash in this thread on the LG forums

I downloaded a hacked version of Flash 10.1 for Froyo. It installed just fine as Adobe Flash 10.1, but every time I tried to open a browser (tried Google and Dolphin), it crashed and closed itself. Uninstalled Flash, and it the phone is back to normal.

OK... so is there an older version of Flash that we can download that will run on the ARMv6 processor?????

Quote Originally Posted by J0Y View Post

I just read an article that said Droid X won't have Flash either... Maybe it's about time we organized a Boycott Android movement. If we kick the corporate types in their wallets maybe they will take notice.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Droid X has Flash, I've used it.

The Ally doesn't have flash because it's processor is not supported by Adobe, aka it's older architecture compared to even the Droid 1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links