Handcent being overridden by Ally system

This is a discussion on Handcent being overridden by Ally system within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; One addition with Froyo is the message notification on the unlock screen. Unfortunately that little notification doesnt' seem to recognize when I read the messages ...

Thread: Handcent being overridden by Ally system

One addition with Froyo is the message notification on the unlock screen. Unfortunately that little notification doesnt' seem to recognize when I read the messages with Handcent. Anybody know how to fix this? I just want to turn the notification off.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I dont use Handcent but I imagine you could turn off the notifications in the default SMS app and just use the Handcent notifications. Though you will probably no longer have the notifications on the lock screen either so not sure if thats what you want. I think it boils down to the lock screen will not know you read the message unless you read it with the default sms app which does make sense.

On your lockscreen do you have the new lockscreen slider that is black? Because I do not and I would like to know how to get it. Just updated to froyo.

Ya apparently there isn't yet a fix for this. People on handcent forums are complaining about it with no answer.

I have had Handcent on my Ally since June and have never had problems. Not sure if update 2.2.1 changed anything but since it downloaded OTA I have had messaging problems. Biggest is dual notifications as well as getting notified with default tone from Ally messaging system. I have gone to settings in the Ally messaging system and changed notifications and it still makes default tone. I also get a notification of incoming txt in a box on main screen from Ally messaging system. This is really frustrating. I removed Handcent and reinstalled still same problem. I know there was discussion on this but my searches keep sending me in circles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm of no help but I am experiencing this problem too. I like having different notifications for the people that message me the most and it's all being overriden by the Ally sound. Every text produces the same sound now no matter what I have it set to in Handcent. Annoying.

I think this is something that the developers of Handcent need to fix. Thei app is not a stand alone app and requires the default messaging app to work which is the main reason for double notifications.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I think this is something that the developers of Handcent need to fix. Thei app is not a stand alone app and requires the default messaging app to work which is the main reason for double notifications.

Thanks! I thought I was going crazy for a bit. I keep checking Handcent Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nvpatsfan View Post
    I have had Handcent on my Ally since June and have never had problems. Not sure if update 2.2.1 changed anything but since it downloaded OTA I have had messaging problems. Biggest is dual notifications as well as getting notified with default tone from Ally messaging system. I have gone to settings in the Ally messaging system and changed notifications and it still makes default tone. I also get a notification of incoming txt in a box on main screen from Ally messaging system. This is really frustrating. I removed Handcent and reinstalled still same problem. I know there was discussion on this but my searches keep sending me in circles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is very strange. I changed my notifications in the default sms & I receive NO notifications from it anymore (only from handcent). Handcent has a pop-up window that comes on before I unlock the phone so I can read what the mssg is as well. That was a choice I had in handcent's settings. Maybe I am misunderstanding something. Please explain in more detail if I misunderstood.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links