2.2 upgrade calendar & Customizations?

This is a discussion on 2.2 upgrade calendar & Customizations? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; i use jorte which syncs with google. no viewing problems. jorte is a free app that can go 2 sd....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 upgrade calendar & Customizations?

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    i use jorte which syncs with google. no viewing problems. jorte is a free app that can go 2 sd.

I agree. Jorte blows the stock app out of the water!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nach01 View Post
    I received the upgrade but the google synch calendar is completly different, much smaller and doesn't show current date and upcoming events like the old one, anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I noticed it right away also. I was upset that the new calendar did not show little colored lines to indicate that there was an event scheduled for individual days. It looked like there were only colored lines for the events that were set to go off weekly/daily/yearly.

But then someone in another thread pointed out to me that, in the new calendar, any days that have scheduled events will be in bold. The date will be in bold type. Once I read that and went back into my calendar to see if that was true, I

I woulda never noticed if someone hadn't pointed it out!

My settings are all correct to sync, but it takes 2 weeks to sync my calendar. I got my phone Dec. 27. The items I added to my google calendar finally appeared. I added new things to my google calendar (online) and it does not sync them. I can add things to the calendar on my phone, but it never syncs. I guess I will wait 2 weeks and see. LOL But them half my events will be over. I just had my google calendar email me my daily agenda until I can figure out how to fix it. Yes, I have had the new upgrade,2.21 so I really don't know what the problem is. I am not trying to sync Outlook or anything like that, just want my google calendar to show up on my phone. Another work around, I downloaded Google toolbox and I can sign in and see it among other things.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. My calendar settings are showing as synced and visible

I downloaded the Jorte app and I like the way it looks, however it has the same sync problem as the regular calendar app. I don't get everything that I have entered online. A 2-3 week lag behind!! So frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    My settings are all correct to sync, but it takes 2 weeks to sync my calendar. I got my phone Dec. 27. The items I added to my google calendar finally appeared. I added new things to my google calendar (online) and it does not sync them. I can add things to the calendar on my phone, but it never syncs. I guess I will wait 2 weeks and see. LOL But them half my events will be over. I just had my google calendar email me my daily agenda until I can figure out how to fix it. Yes, I have had the new upgrade,2.21 so I really don't know what the problem is. I am not trying to sync Outlook or anything like that, just want my google calendar to show up on my phone. Another work around, I downloaded Google toolbox and I can sign in and see it among other things.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. My calendar settings are showing as synced and visible

FINALLY, I figured it out looking around the internet(which I have been doing for DAYS now)

I went into settings, applications, gmail and cleared my cache and now ALL my calendar loads!!!

YEAH ME!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    I downloaded the Jorte app and I like the way it looks, however it has the same sync problem as the regular calendar app. I don't get everything that I have entered online. A 2-3 week lag behind!! So frustrating!

Under Account & Sync what features are checked? What about sync in background? Did you enable data? (Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile network) When you Activated did you ever go back and choose option 2? Have you contacted Verizon about this issue? This is the first time I have read about a 2 to 3 week delay unless your data is set only to sync manually.

Did you ever perform a Factory Reset or a Hard Reset (pull the battery)? How often, if ever does your phone turn off?

If your settings are truly set correctly, my feeling is that contacting Verizon might be best.

I thought I already posted this but don't see my post so...

I don't use my calendar but figured I would test this. I created an event for tomorrow on my phone, waited 20 min, logged into gmail on the web, and the new event was there.

It has to be a setting like Qasar mentioned.
    Motorola Droid 4

I do still get the colored lines for every event on each day in the month view. It changed colors from green to blue, but it is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor_en_fa View Post
    I do still get the colored lines for every event on each day in the month view. It changed colors from green to blue, but it is still there.

For me, that's how it was before the 2.2 update.

Now I only see blue lines for events that are set to go off like every week, month or year. Now, for other scheduled events, it just shows the date in bold.

I prefer it the way it was before the update though. Oh well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links