Texting Apps

This is a discussion on Texting Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have a friend who has the LG Ally. She's very annoyed with the new update because her android text (factory) list is hard to ...

Thread: Texting Apps

I have a friend who has the LG Ally. She's very annoyed with the new update because her android text (factory) list is hard to read. When she receives a new text, she goes to her text message list & the next messages are in white & her old messages are in gray. It's very hard for her to distinguish between the two.

So, my question is: does anyone know of a text message app that allows the new text messages to be a different color than the old messages (like you can choose your own colors)? I tried the Chomp, but I couldn't find a way to change the colors of the new & old messages. I really don't have time to figure it out, so I'm hoping that someone just knows the answer off the top of their head.

I don't need it because I have the pop-up (which she said would get annoying since her phone is for work & she receives lots of e-mails & texts) so I can distinguish. Thanks so much!!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I don't use it but many people like HandCent

Handcent is by far the best messaging app imo. You can pick a color for just about anything. I have a bright green bar on the side of unread messages.

I recently started using handcent & I love it.

My biggest complaint with texting on my ALLY is that all my messages are always on the screen mixed with messages from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedtorest View Post
    My biggest complaint with texting on my ALLY is that all my messages are always on the screen mixed with messages from other people.

That's why I like the pop up features (handcent has it). I used the factory one for awhile & downloaded an app called "SMS Popup" to just have my texts pop up. Then, I could quick reply & not even go to my text list. Loved it!

I use Handcent and love it you can set every color in every window. The only problem I have with it is that my contacts have disappeared and I can't find them!
    Reality is for people with no imagination!

Ads