Discussions about rooting the Ally

This is a discussion on Discussions about rooting the Ally within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Oh yeah. Go into settings>applications>manage applications, and uninstall the programs you just removed, via titanium backup. They start with com. And are found at the ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussions about rooting the Ally

Oh yeah. Go into settings>applications>manage applications, and uninstall the programs you just removed, via titanium backup. They start with com. And are found at the top of the list. This gets the rest of the leftover data.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Hm ok, I will make sure to be careful. Didn't really need to root my phone but I'm the type that can't resist screwing with things. I'll check out Titanium Backup later today.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Lol. Sounds like me. I would remove smalltime apps like socialite. If you wanna remove the lg home. Do it. And let me know how it goes, I'm too scared to do it by myself. Lol

So far i have removed LG Home Launcher, LG Calendar, Dual Clock, stock email app, car home, facebook, myspace, socialite, amazon shopping and their mp3 app as well, vzvoicemail. Not had the first FC either. I wanna remove the theme selector, and maybe 1 or 2 more apps and that it.

Got Ally Saturday. Read up on rooting. Followed rooting process, but as I did, I installed LG Mobile Updater and unwittingly ran an update for my phone... THEN I finished the rooting process.

Superuser Permissions is listed in my phone. But, Titanium Backup says it doesn't have root access and Barnacle doesn't work.

So I've got voided warranty without the benefits of root functionality :-S (TOTALLY my fault for not having more of a clue). Is there any way I can UN-update (without root functionality)? Or root it?

Alright. Got a new Ally. V6

Rooted it. Titanium Backup works. Barnacle doesn't show errors (but my laptop still won't connect). Trying SW updating OTA. Re-rooting if necessary.

Are there any ROM FLASH apps for LG Ally?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMerg View Post
    Alright.**Got a new Ally.**V6

Rooted it.**Titanium Backup works.**Barnacle doesn't show errors (but my laptop still won't connect).**Trying SW updating OTA.**Re-rooting if necessary.

Are there any ROM FLASH apps for LG Ally?

Ok. Barnacle works great. I updated my drivers for my wifi, and all of a sudden I can connect.

Thanks for tolerating my obsessive posts. Using Barnacle right now to post.

You're doing fine SM, thanks for your input, and the link in the other topic.

hey guys has anyone been able too reroot the phone after the update? it keeps hanging for me, and just sits there for hours when i try to do it via the adb, and via terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by zacwhite15 View Post
    hey guys has anyone been able too reroot the phone after the update? it keeps hanging for me, and just sits there for hours when i try to do it via the adb, and via terminal.

Im afraid to accept the update, i had so much trouble getting the root the 1st time. I will just keep ignoring the update, until it have no choice but to update or a custom rom comes out an i won't need it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links