Discussions about rooting the Ally

This is a discussion on Discussions about rooting the Ally within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; would it be worth it to root. and is there any 2.2 out yet....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Discussions about rooting the Ally

would it be worth it to root. and is there any 2.2 out yet.

I rooted with universal androot and had the market not work but fixed that with a vol down,home,end restart.

Now, my calendars don't seem to work.

Jorte gets a "failed to retrieve schedule info" error on load

and won't sync with my google calendars.

Jorte widgets don't display on home screen.

I did remove the standard calendar and the corporate cal. I am thinking that somehow the phone is not synced with google calendars? I have looked for a google calendar app, but can't seem to find one.

Thanks for any advice.

Reflashed to v6 and reupdated then installed my backed up apps with titanium. Good to go now

Universalandroot exploit seemed to get broken with latest update. I downloaded z4root from the market onto my girlfriends lg ally and it worked, she has root again!
    SmartPhone (s):
    Motorola Droid2Global
    : Stock, Rooted
    Motorola Droid (OG) : Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 w/ ChevyNo1 1.25 ULV kernel
    Verizon (HTC) xv6800 : (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    : (Windows Mobile 5.0)

Android Tablet(s):
    Archos 70It (250GB)
    : Stock, Rooted with Archangel exploit
    B+N Nook Color : UD 3.3.0
    Toshiba Thrive (32 GB): Stock, Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    Universalandroot exploit seemed to get broken with latest update. I downloaded z4root from the market onto my girlfriends lg ally and it worked, she has root again!
    i searched market for z4root and its telling me not found. please help

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I used a new 1 click root app called gingerbreak on my ally lastnight and it rooted the phone with no problems at all. you can get gingerbreak.apk from 4shared.com. Download it with your phone make sure your usb debugging is on and click install. It could take about 15 minuted to load on your phone. Your phone will then reboot and you will be rooted. This is the only 1 click app that I have found to work with android 2.2. It is a super easy process. Now I have to figure out what to do with a rooted phone. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robmore32 View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I used a new 1 click root app called gingerbreak on my ally lastnight and it rooted the phone with no problems at all. you can get gingerbreak.apk from 4shared.com. Download it with your phone make sure your usb debugging is on and click install. It could take about 15 minuted to load on your phone. Your phone will then reboot and you will be rooted. This is the only 1 click app that I have found to work with android 2.2. It is a super easy process. Now I have to figure out what to do with a rooted phone. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Would this method work with the Ally running 2.2.2? Because I can't seem to find any way to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Would this method work with the Ally running 2.2.2? Because I can't seem to find any way to get it.

I used SuperOneClick v 1.9.1to root my Android v 2.2.2, worked great! then I downloaded ROM Manager, then the Velocity ROM v 1.1. One thing I found out about ROM Manager is that for some reason must flash the ClockWorldMod Recovery between 3 - 5 X's before rebooting into manual recovery mode. Once there it was very easy to flash the new ROM and finally enjoy the phone for once. Before the flash I barely had 18mb free after the new ROM I have over 70 MB free! and over clocked it to 768MHZ and seems to be stable with all my apps!

Should have done this long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    I used SuperOneClick v 1.9.1to root my Android v 2.2.2, worked great! then I downloaded ROM Manager, then the Velocity ROM v 1.1. One thing I found out about ROM Manager is that for some reason must flash the ClockWorldMod Recovery between 3 - 5 X's before rebooting into manual recovery mode. Once there it was very easy to flash the new ROM and finally enjoy the phone for once. Before the flash I barely had 18mb free after the new ROM I have over 70 MB free! and over clocked it to 768MHZ and seems to be stable with all my apps!

Should have done this long ago!
    Don't use SuperOneClick or any app that provides a "one click" root solution, as root is all it will give you. You are going to want access to the bootloader (A.K.A. fastboot), which those root ways don't give you. On phones with V8 or later, fastboot is blocked, which means you can't access it via adb reboot-bootloader or Quick Boot from the market. If you want to get fastboot (which I would recommend, as it's your last resort if something messes up), reroot it using this guide or use this guide to downgrade to V6 (I would use the second link to downgrade to V6 then finish the proper root with the other guide, as the LG Mobile Updater will screw your phone up if it doesn't like you.) If you need more assistance, there's an IRC for the Ally at http://webchat.freen...els=ally&uio=d4. One last thing: ClockworkMod messes with the phone's ability to do things, so use amon ra (the alternate recovery). It's there for a reason.

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    I used gingerbreak to it rooted it quik
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Droid X2

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links