Permission Groups

This is a discussion on Permission Groups within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Accounts - Permissions that allow direct access to the accounts managed by the Account Manager. Cost Money - Permission to spend money without the user's ...

Thread: Permission Groups

Accounts - Permissions that allow direct access to the accounts managed by the Account Manager.

Cost Money - Permission to spend money without the user's direct involvement. These are the ones to watch out for! They allow an app to place phone calls and send SMS messages.

Development Tools - Permissions related to development features. These are not normal permissions and you should rarely see them.

Hardware Controls - Permissions that prvoide direct access to the hardware on the device. IE: A barcode scanner would need this permission to use the camera.

Location - Permissions that allow access to the user's current location. A map app would need this permission to give you directions.

Messages - Permissions that allow an application to send or intercept messages on behalf of the user. A messaging app would normally use these permissions.

Network - Permissions used to provide access to networking services. Mainly used by apps for internet access.

Personal Info - Permissions that provide access to a user's private data such as contacts, calendar events, email, etc. These permission include reading and writing personal data. If it is a game, it doesn't need access to this!

Phone Calls - Permissions that are associated with reading and modifying the phone state and intercepting outgoing calls. These permissions can also make phone calls but are generally not used for phone calls that cost money.

Storage - Permissions that are related to SD card access. Standard with any app that needs to add, edit, or delete something on the SD card.

System Tools - Permissions that are related to system APIs. "Many of these are not permissions the user will be expected to understand." Normally they are not displayed for us ignorant users. They can however be used to provide access to the operating system such as writing global system settings.

For more information: Permission Groups
    Motorola Droid 4

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

List of all permissions: Permissions
    Motorola Droid 4

Based on this information, I have already found and deleted an app that was accessing my personal information when it didn't need to. I added this app to my thread: My App Reviews

Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links