Root question, something uninstalled I don't recognize

This is a discussion on Root question, something uninstalled I don't recognize within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Using Titanium Backup, I was very careful to make sure I backed up any files to the SD card before deciding to try uninstalling these ...

Thread: Root question, something uninstalled I don't recognize

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Using Titanium Backup, I was very careful to make sure I backed up any files to the SD card before deciding to try uninstalling these various things, assuming it would give me the option to restore the file in case I created any problems.

So far so good, but I was browsing the backup/restore list the other day, and I see the things that I've uninstalled with "1 backup" listed underneath, but at the very bottom I see....

[not installed] com.lge.ers

No backup yet

I made sure not to uninstall anything that I hadn't backed up first, so where did this come from? Is this a process related to something else I uninstalled and now it is also on the uninstalled list?

I removed talk, visualvm, myspace, mp3 store, socialite, and the LG home theme. These all currently say "not installed", but do successfully show that they've been backed up.

Anyone who can tell me what this COM process is that is showing itself as removed?
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From what I see is it is something to do with the launcher and possibly launcher pro. Do you have launcher pro installed? Would be interested to know. I have the same app on my list even before I uninstalled anything.

I have the same thing listed on mine as well, but i'm just ignoring it. I've seen no issues with my phone since removing some of the apps so i'm going to assume that is something I don't neeed to worry about.

Well, I screwed my self over and I need help. Ok, so for the sake of clarity and thoroughness I will tell all of you what I did and hope someone here can help me. So here is what happened: I rooted my phone using universal androot and used titanium backup to delete some stock apps. I did what some of the others here and deleted some of the important ones (after some research, Im guessing that the google stuff had something to do with it). Now I am missing my on screen keyboard and I can't download anything from the market. I tried doing a factory reset on a friend's suggestion. I did it three times. I then tried all sorts of remedies that other forum sites said to try. I tried doing this method that involved a terminal emulator (I used Better Terminal) and copying the files to my sdcard. This is what it said:

1. Download the Android 1.6 recovery image @ HTC - Developer Center2. Open up the recovery image via WinRAR, WinZip or whatever 3. Locate gtalkservice.apk and ImProvider.apk in \system\app

4. Copy those files to your SDCARD and then unmount when done. 5. Go into Terminal Emulator and enter these commands:

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cp /sdcard/ImProvider.apk /system/app

cp /sdcard/gtalkservice.apk /system/app

reboot

The phone will return back to normal. This works on any type of ROM!

But since it didn't work (I'm guessing due to my missing on screen keyboard), I ended up downloading an onscreen keyboard (Smart Keyboard to be specific). This time the above method worked only it kept saying that it couldn't find the cp. So i tried to to see if putting the zip on my sd card would work. It still failed. I tried other attempts but either they faild right off the bat or I didn't feel like downloading even more stuff that I was sure wasn't gonna work. So can someone please help me figure it out. I'm desperate.

http://androidforums...-26-2010-a.html is the more-or-less Main Guidepost To All Things Root.

Specifically, this link from the above will tell you how to reflash to the stock LG rom: http://androidforums...ock-lg-rom.html

Next time, remember to make a nandroid backup of your entire phone before continuing (can be done in a custom recovery image)

Also, next time, use a bit of common sense. What would an HTC Android 1.6 image have to do with an LG Android 2.1 phone? Apps change and the interface with the hardware differs (else we'd have 2.2 from another phone ported already ...)

lol double post, but I'll use it to ask: why did you post the same question in at least 3 threads? --;

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links