Custom Roms for Ally

This is a discussion on Custom Roms for Ally within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Does anyone know of any custom roms for ally and where I can snag em?...

Thread: Custom Roms for Ally

Does anyone know of any custom roms for ally and where I can snag em?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks one more thing. I got the files now I want to make a recovery but their way (home key then power on) isn't working.

assuming you have root...

Download ROM Manager v2.0.2.6 and also BusyBox Installer (available in the Market)

Open ROM Manager, hit the top text that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

(to open Recovery Console on Ally, hold Power, Home and Volume + or - buttons)

Hit the text in ROM Manager that says Download ROM.

Hit Velocity (Velocity by Trident), this is a stripped clean release of 2.1 that is Optimized for the Ally, or so I believe (It seems much faster to me, and running Linpack I get in about the 4.08 Mflops range)

Hit Download ROM. Make sure to wipe your cache AND MAKE A BACKUP. I bricked my phone the first time trying this, but luckily

booting into recovery with a backup saved it. The reason it wouldn't work the first time I would assume was because I did not wipe cache.

If you're still having any trouble, PM me. I used Trident's ROM because of its ease of installation and relatively active support in the modding community.

ok, so i think i bricked my phone!!!!!!!!! I rooted it a while back and found a thread about how to get rid of all the crappy preinstalled verizon apps. well, while doing so I deleted gtalk, cause really, who IM's anymore??????? and now that i did that, i cannot download anything in the market anymore. What do I need to do to get the factory full rom back on my phone????? or get it back to original???????

Hey @boss this is exactly what happened to me earlier this week. You need to reboot your phone and the market should be ok. Download rom manager and dolphin browser and go read thread titled googlemaps or something in this category. Stock rom and I was all good. Beware of using trident uninstall. You can choose freeze first to make sure you aren't doingg anything crazy. My mistake was freezing then uninstalling without rebooting to see what affect it had after reboot.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Haha this is exactly what I did the other day, I uninstalled Talk and then my Market stopped working. I did a factory reset, but with SW V8, doing a reset didn't bring everything back. I had to kick the phone back to original V6, then let it do the over-the-air update to V8 again. Then everything came back and I was able to use Market again.

This is the process I followed:

http://androidforums.com/1233647-post40.html
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links