google maps

This is a discussion on google maps within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi jj, if you check a members profile you'll see some of them leave an email address, or you can send them a PM. Both ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: google maps

Hi jj, if you check a members profile you'll see some of them leave an email address, or you can send them a PM.

Both of these are optional for the members, some don't want contact outside of the forum and we respect their privacy.

Well, I screwed my self over and I need help. Ok, so for the sake of clarity and thoroughness I will tell all of you what I did and hope someone here can help me. So here is what happened: I rooted my phone using universal androot and used titanium backup to delete some stock apps. I did what some of the others here and deleted some of the important ones (after some research, Im guessing that the google stuff had something to do with it). Now I am missing my on screen keyboard and I can't download anything from the market. I tried doing a factory reset on a friend's suggestion. I did it three times. I then tried all sorts of remedies that other forum sites said to try. I tried doing this method that involved a terminal emulator (I used Better Terminal) and copying the files to my sdcard. This is what it said:

1. Download the Android 1.6 recovery image @ HTC - Developer Center2. Open up the recovery image via WinRAR, WinZip or whatever 3. Locate gtalkservice.apk and ImProvider.apk in \system\app

4. Copy those files to your SDCARD and then unmount when done. 5. Go into Terminal Emulator and enter these commands:

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cp /sdcard/ImProvider.apk /system/app

cp /sdcard/gtalkservice.apk /system/app

reboot

The phone will return back to normal. This works on any type of ROM!

But since it didn't work (I'm guessing due to my missing on screen keyboard), I ended up downloading an onscreen keyboard (Smart Keyboard to be specific). This time the above method worked only it kept saying that it couldn't find the cp. So i tried to to see if putting the zip on my sd card would work. It still failed. I tried other attempts but either they faild right off the bat or I didn't feel like downloading even more stuff that I was sure wasn't gonna work. So can someone please help me figure it out. I'm desperate.

Gees, nonsum. Spam the boards much? This is the 4th spot I've seen this exact post. Good luck to you, but a little decorum please.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Gees, nonsum. Spam the boards much? This is the 4th spot I've seen this exact post. Good luck to you, but a little decorum please.

I was about to say the same thing. One post is enough.
    Motorola Droid 4

I apologize for my noobness. I just really need some help here.

Nonsum this is what happened to me. You need to flash back to original ally stock rom. If you download rom manager from the market its available there. Just make sure you backup and delete the cache when prompted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links