google maps

This is a discussion on google maps within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Can anyone possibly tell me for a fact if uninstalling googlemaps will affect the stock ally ROM? I'm using titanium backup....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google maps

Can anyone possibly tell me for a fact if uninstalling googlemaps will affect the stock ally ROM? I'm using titanium backup.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think you need to root the device to uninstall any stock app including Google maps. By the way why would you want to remove it? its one of the best apps on this phone, in my opinion.

You know I never even used it. But now I have bigger probs. I rooted already. Now I uninstalled some stuff using titanium backup. It messed up my phone and now I need to restore backed up apps. How do I restore the backup in titanium backup?

it wont' let you restore the stock apps after you have deleted them backed up or not, i know, screwed mine up that way too. i had to flash the stock ally rom. you can find it at www.lg-phones.org . i did it the other night and got back up and running. if you get rom manager app it makes flashing a new rom easy. go to the lg-phones.org website on your phones browser, find the stock ally rom and download it on your phone, it will put it on the sd card. download the rom manager and in the section install rom from the sd card you will find the stock ally rom under backup/ . click on it and follow the directions. it worked for me. went back to original home screen and original stock apps. you will need to re-root the phone and download the titanium backup again then you can restore all the apps you have saved on the sd card. this worked for me, took about an hour to get everything back up and running. you may have to download busybox also after you have re-rooted the phone. good luck, like i say this worked for me. make sure you have backed up all your apps on the sd card before you do any of the above!!!

Man I've been looking for a solution all day. Hey. When I try to download the rom from that website it says content not supported. Any ideas?

Are you using dolphin browser hd. I jbust went tot the site and downloaded it again no problem

No I wasn't. After I did that it downloaded that and the universal androot on my sd card. So after I got the heart to go to rom manager and hit all the oks my phone rebooted showing a triangle with an exclaimation point. Then shut down and rebooted normally. I went back to rom manager and a thing came up asking for problems. I clicked won't reboot in recovery and it linked me to a help thing I don't understand how to use.

Try doing flash clockworkmod recovery if you can.

I did that, rom flashed, everything back to normal

Thanks for all the help. Is there any way to get ahold of you besides here is I have any issues in the future? If you don't mind that is. Lol. Email me at www.aol.com/emilyfan09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links