Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

This is a discussion on Velocity 0.2 ROM is available within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Sounds pretty good. I think my results may be affected by taking pictures, I think the camera function is pretty demanding of the battery. But ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Sounds pretty good. I think my results may be affected by taking pictures, I think the camera function is pretty demanding of the battery. But overall Velocity doesn't seem that much better in terms of battery life, compared to my stock-launcher pro setup, considering I hardly ever use the phone regardless, I'm always getting about 2 days of battery life. Velocity still has a lot of cool things aside from just hoping the battery lasts longer, I still recommend it.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I just may have to try Velocity since the new OTA update "fixes" root. I really don't want to lose it, but then it won't take too long for someone to figure it out again. Course I did it the easy one click Universal Androot way so that may take a little longer to figure out. Oh well, whatever happens I'll still be enjoying my Ally.

Been running a couple days. With adw launcher I never go under 40mb. Battery life is good. Nothing major over 1 except cosmetics it seems. HATE the number on the battery still.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    I just may have to try Velocity since the new OTA update "fixes" root. I really don't want to lose it, but then it won't take too long for someone to figure it out again. Course I did it the easy one click Universal Androot way so that may take a little longer to figure out. Oh well, whatever happens I'll still be enjoying my Ally.

Which OTA update are you talking about? V8 for the Ally? Or has there been a new one sent out? V8 undoes root but you can do it again no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Which OTA update are you talking about? V8 for the Ally? Or has there been a new one sent out? V8 undoes root but you can do it again no problem.

The new update that's being pushed out as I type this.

Haha yeah sorry I just came across the announcement that there's a new OTA going out. I guess my rooted Velocity'd phone isn't going to get the notification for it. Fine with me unless I hear that the update actually does something great.

But yeah, I'd give it 48 hours max before someone knows how to root the newer software version lol.

I think I'll hold off on the update until I hear some feedback. If it's a bust I'll have to Velocity it up.

Yeah that's a good idea.

any help would be great. i think i may officially have a paper weight now. i was flashing the velocity rom using rom manager. looked like everything downloaded right rebooted itself but after it goes through the boot animation it stops and all the apps keep popping up saying force close. it won't do anything else at all. i tried plugging it into the computer but it's not registering that i have plugged it in. so, if anyone has any suggestions i am open seeing that as of right now all it is doing is holding down a stack of papers on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehat68 View Post
    any help would be great. i think i may officially have a paper weight now. i was flashing the velocity rom using rom manager. looked like everything downloaded right rebooted itself but after it goes through the boot animation it stops and all the apps keep popping up saying force close. it won't do anything else at all. i tried plugging it into the computer but it's not registering that i have plugged it in. so, if anyone has any suggestions i am open seeing that as of right now all it is doing is holding down a stack of papers on my desk.
    never mind, got it fixed. forgot i could press call, menu, send while it was off to get it back to recovery screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links