Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

This is a discussion on Velocity 0.2 ROM is available within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Let's say I just want to make an image of how my phone is right now. Do I have to be rooted to do that? ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

1 times
    Let's say I just want to make an image of how my phone is right now. Do I have to be rooted to do that? If not, what's the easiest and safest way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    For what it's worth, the process is fairly quick and simple.

I had previously mastered the long drawn-out way of rooting an Ally, but this time I gave the app Universal Androot a try, and with one press, the phone was rooted. Then I downloaded the Velocity zip to my PC and transferred it to my SD card. I downloaded Rom Manager, and this part gave me a few minutes of trouble because I would tell it to create a backup of my stock phone, or tell it to reboot in recovery mode, and I would just get error messages, and the phone would restart with no changes. Finally I figured out how to get it to restart in recovery mode. Clear user data (Factory reset), clear cache, go to advanced menu and clear davlik cache. Select install Rom from SD, select the Velocity zip, and you should be set.

Some people who did the install directly through Rom Manager just telling it to install a new rom said they got a ton of force closes and soon as they restarted and other errors. So I would do the install the "manual" way by clearing the caches yourself and installing from SD in recovery mode.

Hopefully someone can give me a clue about what I may be doing wrong. I've followed the above directions .....the V2 is installed and boots fine. Problem is, the Market app icon was there but when I clicked it gave me a message it was not installed. So all seems fine, except my physical "End" and the physical "Home" buttons do not work?!? I did a full recovery back to stock and tried the buttons...they function fine. So I completed the process again and the same thing happened

Any ideas?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Try redownloading the ROM just in case something got corrupted the first time around. Better yet, the newer Velocity 0.3 is out now, might as well try that instead of 0.2.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links