Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

This is a discussion on Velocity 0.2 ROM is available within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; http://androidforums...tml#post1584765 Just got it to work on my Ally after fighting with Rom Manager for a while. Seems great so far....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Velocity 0.2 ROM is available

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    http://androidforums...tml#post1584765

Just got it to work on my Ally after fighting with Rom Manager for a while. Seems great so far.

LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah...it sounds awesome and confusing at the same time. I guess I'll just leave the stuff up the people who understand it. I couldn't afford to tell my wife if I bricked my phone.

Whoa! Your post changed after I posted...LOL. Is it actually THAT much faster? Be sure to let us know about battery life as that and lag are my two major complaints.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I've been thinking about it. I'm currently using Drellisdee's OC kernel. Is there a noticeable improvement in performance?

So far is doesn't really seem all that shockingly fast to me. Previously I was just running Launcher Pro and making sure I didn't install more than a handful of apps, and my phone always operated smoothly and rarely had any lag. My battery life has been about 2 days before I have to plug it in overnight. I will have to judge battery life over the next few days for a comparison.

I mainly did it just because I had the itch to mess around with my phone again. Guess I'm addicted to the adrenaline rush of messing with the phone and then seeing if it's going to be a brick when I reboot it lol.

For what it's worth, the process is fairly quick and simple.

I had previously mastered the long drawn-out way of rooting an Ally, but this time I gave the app Universal Androot a try, and with one press, the phone was rooted. Then I downloaded the Velocity zip to my PC and transferred it to my SD card. I downloaded Rom Manager, and this part gave me a few minutes of trouble because I would tell it to create a backup of my stock phone, or tell it to reboot in recovery mode, and I would just get error messages, and the phone would restart with no changes. Finally I figured out how to get it to restart in recovery mode. Clear user data (Factory reset), clear cache, go to advanced menu and clear davlik cache. Select install Rom from SD, select the Velocity zip, and you should be set.

Some people who did the install directly through Rom Manager just telling it to install a new rom said they got a ton of force closes and soon as they restarted and other errors. So I would do the install the "manual" way by clearing the caches yourself and installing from SD in recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    So far is doesn't really seem all that shockingly fast to me. Previously I was just running Launcher Pro and making sure I didn't install more than a handful of apps, and my phone always operated smoothly and rarely had any lag. My battery life has been about 2 days before I have to plug it in overnight. I will have to judge battery life over the next few days for a comparison.

I mainly did it just because I had the itch to mess around with my phone again. Guess I'm addicted to the adrenaline rush of messing with the phone and then seeing if it's going to be a brick when I reboot it lol.

For what it's worth, the process is fairly quick and simple.

I had previously mastered the long drawn-out way of rooting an Ally, but this time I gave the app Universal Androot a try, and with one press, the phone was rooted. Then I downloaded the Velocity zip to my PC and transferred it to my SD card. I downloaded Rom Manager, and this part gave me a few minutes of trouble because I would tell it to create a backup of my stock phone, or tell it to reboot in recovery mode, and I would just get error messages, and the phone would restart with no changes. Finally I figured out how to get it to restart in recovery mode. Clear user data (Factory reset), clear cache, go to advanced menu and clear davlik cache. Select install Rom from SD, select the Velocity zip, and you should be set.

Some people who did the install directly through Rom Manager just telling it to install a new rom said they got a ton of force closes and soon as they restarted and other errors. So I would do the install the "manual" way by clearing the caches yourself and installing from SD in recovery mode.

Awesome Data!

Battery was down to 20% earlier this evening after all the messing with the phone today so I'm charged up to 100% now and I'll try to give a fair comparison to how long it lasts. I'm a pretty light user, rarely make any calls, check Facebook a couple times a day, and use it to play MP3s at the gym, but we'll see how it goes.

Been about 28 hours since unplug, battery is at 55%. Made a few quick calls, a couple texts, used the browser and wifi for a few mins, and took 5-10 pictures while I was out on a hike.

I like having the Droid logo and eye for the boot sequence and the Droid sound effects for texts and calls since the Ally wasn't cool enough to really be packaged as a Droid phone in the first place.

So excited to try this tomorrow!

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I'm. At 67% after 24.25 hours with the stock ROM and Drellisdee's OC kernel. Craziness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links