drellisdee's 8+ mflops

This is a discussion on drellisdee's 8+ mflops within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Apparently with this we can hit speeds better than the Droid X with its 1ghz processor. I just got it loaded and I'm messing with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drellisdee's 8+ mflops

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Apparently with this we can hit speeds better than the Droid X with its 1ghz processor. I just got it loaded and I'm messing with it now. Make sure to say thanks if you use it and donations are also welcome for further projects and improvements.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ml#post1618560
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I just installed too. I like.

Yeah my phone can't handle the max overclock setting without freaking out so I have it on the 2nd to the highest and it's stable now. Very cool.

Mine couldn't handle the top setting on the beta OC but I'm at 787 now and stable.

My phone is maintaining 787 now, before when I was running the Linpack speed test it would crash afterwards. Seems okay otherwise though. Phone is a lot smoother I was just browsing my gallery and playing the game Alchemy and I can tell the screen is so much snappier.

Man, I wish I understood all that stuff! I would love for my Ally to respond better.

How do I install this and can I revert back if I needed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    Man, I wish I understood all that stuff! I would love for my Ally to respond better.

How do I install this and can I revert back if I needed to?

Making "backups" that you can restore is actually 100% recommended any time you start modifying the phone, that way you can go back if needed. So yes these things are able to be undone if you backup properly.

It's not too difficult to get this stuff figured out. I never thought I'd be flashing custom software either but I just read the guides that people put online and luckily I haven't messed up yet.

The guys at androidforums have a ton of information compiled here http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...31-2010-a.html . Browse through it if you're curious. How to root, how to flash custom ROMs, etc.

If you really want to try out something specific with your phone and need some help I can try to guide you through it.

How do you make backups? And, what does flash and ROM mean? I've heard these terms used a lot but never fully understood them. I am familiar with computers but not hacking.

Well, you'll end up downloading apps like "Rom Manager" in the process of doing all this stuff. Within apps like that, it'll ask you if you want to back up your current setup. Just have to click a button and you'll get a backup on your SD card. ROM is just the basic programming that gets overlaid on top of the Android OS. The downloadable updates that we get from LG could be considered a ROM, i.e. software V6, software V8. Similar to how you can go into the settings menu and see that your software version is V8 or whatever, after you install a ROM, your software version will say "Velocity" or whatever you used. Flash is just the term for installing the new rom onto your phone.

Are you using Velocity and Drellis' kernel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links