Velocity 0.3 is out

This is a discussion on Velocity 0.3 is out within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Tried LauncherPro and I prefer Zeam and ADW. LauncherPro is very laggy compared to ADW and Zeam....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Velocity 0.3 is out

Tried LauncherPro and I prefer Zeam and ADW. LauncherPro is very laggy compared to ADW and Zeam.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I tried Zeam for a couple days and would prefer it over ADW if not for the monster lag or refresh when I hit the home key while in a browser or app.

LauncherPro hasn't failed me yet. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    The benefit of the Turbo kernel is that you can use SetCPU to overlock the phone. The kernel alone might boost a little bit of performance but the entire point is that you can speed up on the phone once you flash that kernel. It should have come with SetCPU, at least when I installed it I automatically had that App. You can boost the processor from 600Mhz to 787.

I've never flashed a backup myself, but I've heard any time you flash a Rom, you wipe data, cache, and dalvik, so I would wipe it all when doing a backup too. Maybe someone else can confirm though.

LauncherPro is a great idea no matter what; stock, rooted, ROM'd, etc. It's the best launcher! Velocity 0.3 with LauncherPro is great.

The implementation of JIT (Just In Time Compilation) in the turbo provides a significant increase in speed too, over clocking is just a value add for installing this in my opinion.

[quote name=drellisdee']Ally stock gets between high 3's to max 4.2 MFLOPS. Overclocked alone we got it to 5.2 MFLOPS. With only jit its 6.9 MFLOPS or so. With jit and overclock we have hit 9.1 MFLOPS. To put that in perspective the droid x on on 2.1 only hits mid 7's with a 1 ghz ARM v7 processor. Thats how much this will turbocharge your Ally.[/quote]

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...-8-mflops.html

what exactly is turbo 4

ok i backed up all my apps with titanium and installed velocity 0.3. how do i get those apps back?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links