Velocity 0.3 is out

This is a discussion on Velocity 0.3 is out within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; http://androidforums...tml#post1697751 Just got it installed. This is the quickest and most responsive my Ally has ever been. I don't think I'm going to run the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Velocity 0.3 is out

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    http://androidforums...tml#post1697751

Just got it installed. This is the quickest and most responsive my Ally has ever been. I don't think I'm going to run the overclock kernel like I did with V0.2, my battery life was terrible.

This explains how to prepare your SD card as to avoid any conflicts.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...card-a2sd.html
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Man I wish I had the ball...err....courage to try these ROMs. I figure if we ever get concrete notification that we AREN'T gonna get 2.2, I'll probably become brave!

I'm liking v0.3 a lot and don't plan to overclock. Even better peformance over v0.2...love it.

Tried the a2sd thing yesterday and somehow hosed my phone (and I've had no issues flashing roms, kernels, etc). Got it recovered and I think it may have something to do with ROM Manager and a bit of user error pehaps...lol.

Running .3 as well. I really feel no need to run oc'd, as w/ .3 my Ally is pretty snappy.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I flashed 0.3 but lost my Youtube in the process. Anyone know how to get it back? I suppose I can go back to 0.2 then to 0.3 again to see if that works but I. Was hoping for an easier solution.

After the last update things stopped working and performance was awful... I figured that means time to try some custom roms!

Just installed Velocity .3 with the GNM Turbo 4 (JIT) Kernel and its absolutly the best LG Ally EVER! With the LauncherPro installed there is NO LAG.

Everything works and the performance is through the roof. Went from a ~3 mflop linpack score to ~8 Mflop score.

Its worth the effort if your comfy working at the command line. Be sure to donate to dresildee and trident if you use so the updates keep coming.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Also in the V0.3 thread towards the bottom of the first post there are instructions to update the radio that came with the new LG software update. I've avoided the new update so it was nice to get the new radio. Maybe I'm imagining it but my signal is staying around 3 bars now when it used to be 1 indoors so maybe it really does help.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Is it better to flash to v0.3 first and then apply the GNM_Turbo4 update or visa versa? Also, do you apply both oif these the same way? I have directions for applying v0.3, but none for applying the Turbo4.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Flash v0.3 first then Turbo4. Do them both the same way.

No luck with either. When I try to Reboot to Recovery from within ROM Manager, it reboots but then flashes a screen real quick with the android icon and a triangle with an exclamation point in it, then the phone just reboots itself normal. So I never actually get to the Recovery mode to do the ROM flash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links