Ally with Veloctiy v3 and apps2sd pure bliss...

This is a discussion on Ally with Veloctiy v3 and apps2sd pure bliss... within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Not that my Ally was ever that bad and I can't really say that I see any noticable performance boost using Velocity v3 over the ...

Thread: Ally with Veloctiy v3 and apps2sd pure bliss...

Not that my Ally was ever that bad and I can't really say that I see any noticable performance boost using Velocity v3 over the stock ROM, but using it with my Ally has made it so much better and here's how. First off, I love the overall theme of Velocity, with the more metallic looking icons at the top. I love the the semi-transparent notification window. But most of all, I love that it enables apps2sd. I've always been someone who didn't keep many apps installed at once because of the lack of storage space. I would just use an app and when I was done with it, remove it and if I ever needed it again, go to the market and install it again. I only had a handful of apps that I kept all the time. Now with apps2sd, I can avoid that little hassle altogether because I can keep so many more apps on the phone at once. It just makes a great little phone that much better.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Yup it's pretty sweet. Funny what the user-community can come up with to really make a phone perform better. Wonder what it would be like if the manufacturers themselves actually worked so hard.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I've run into a ton of issues since trying to get v3 on my phone.

To start off, I did the manual install of V9 from the LG site, so after running the Velocity v3 rom I still have V9 installed and can't re-add Corporate Calendar or Corporate Directory (an app I never got to try out to begin with).

Also, Apps2SD doesn't work for me. I followed the partition steps but didn't have any luck.

Does anybody here know how I can wipe Velocity/Clockwork and start over?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Go here to learn how to reset your phone and start over.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ck-lg-rom.html

I never accepted the latest LG software update so I don't know about any conflicts it might have with Velocity.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I tried that yesterday and it didn't get rid of Clockwork.

I ended up leaving V6 installed with Velocity v0.3 and installed Touchdown to replace Corporate Calendar/Directory.

I'm digging it right now.

I'm so close to installing Velocity 0.3. Is there any way I can backup my progress for Angry Birds before installing Velocity? I really hate to lose what I've done so far.

Thanks!

Do apps function any differently when they're on the sd card? I'm leaning towards rooting tonight but if its gonna slow down apps I won't bother.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I'm using the stock SD card with Velocity V.3 and apps2SD and it seems to run fine. Titanium Backup will backup apps as well as the app data so your Angry Birds will be fine. Raptor V1 is also a very good ROM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links