New Rom Available for LG ALLY - Raptor

This is a discussion on New Rom Available for LG ALLY - Raptor within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; If you havent looked lately theres a new rom for the Ally and is called "Raptor" http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ml#post1778601 I havent flashed it yet mostly because I ...

Thread: New Rom Available for LG ALLY - Raptor

If you havent looked lately theres a new rom for the Ally and is called "Raptor"

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ml#post1778601

I havent flashed it yet mostly because I am super happy with my Velocity .3 with GNM.

Looks promising for those not looking to overclock and wanting a minimalist install!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Pretty fast & stable rom.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Seemed like a perfectly fine ROM to me. I switched back to Velocity3 just out of habit. Everyone should give Raptor a try and support all the different developers, doesn't hurt to have a good selection of Roms.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Seemed like a perfectly fine ROM to me. I switched back to Velocity3 just out of habit. Everyone should give Raptor a try and support all the different developers, doesn't hurt to have a good selection of Roms.

I don't like the bright green all over the place.

I'm running Velocity v0.2 now since 0.3 screwed up on me (randomly rebooted and loaded a rom state that I never had - apps, including ROM Manager wiped, different wallpaper, etc.).

0.2 seems to be working very well, and it's just as good since Apps2SD didn't work for me.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I really like Raptor's rotory battery gauge and I kind of like the green. It's been perfectly stable for me. It's too bad the Dev took out the hidden menus so there's no flashlight. I also like that Velocity blocks ads, maybe Raptor V2 will too.

Between the two, I have a very hard time picking which one I liked better. There are some things about each that I prefer. I like the 'green' theme of Raptor and the battery icon, but I don't like that he removed some apps that I used often, like Car Home for instance. I know they can be put back on but I stil miss them by default. With Velocity, he seems to have included every app that I do prefer: Car Home, Rom Manager for managing ROMS and getting into recovery, etc. Using the web seems to be a little quicker with Velocity as well. The same web page just seems to load quciker on Velocity than it does on Raptor. Maybe that's just my imagination, but it's something I've noticed. And I can't overstate how much I love that Velocity blocks ads. That alone will make me choose Velocity over Raptor when all is said and done.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links