Update when rooted?

This is a discussion on Update when rooted? within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Just a quick question, when you are rooted, can you still update to newer firmwares/software(for example Froyo, if it gets released)? I read on another ...

Thread: Update when rooted?

Just a quick question, when you are rooted, can you still update to newer firmwares/software(for example Froyo, if it gets released)? I read on another forum, if you root a phone, you can't update. Is this true? If I un-root the phone, can I get updates? I used Universal Androot, if it helps...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think it is once you start removing apps that you mess up any future updates. An update looks for certain things to know it is updating the right version of software. Deleting unwanted apps can cuase an update to not find what it needs so you would not get the update.

Motorola Droid 4

Oh, well I only rooted to get Barnacle WiFi tether, that wouldn't screw anything up, right?

My guess would be know but I have never rooted so I am not positive if I am correct.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links