Things I want to achieve. Need instructions

This is a discussion on Things I want to achieve. Need instructions within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; I recently got the ally and I heard from my friend that ally can be jailbroken like ipod but its called rooting? I want to ...

Thread: Things I want to achieve. Need instructions

I recently got the ally and I heard from my friend that ally can be jailbroken like ipod but its called rooting?

I want to be able to do that.

I want to achieve and need clarification of

1. Backing up my current OS so I can alway revert back if I wanted to

2. Incase of 2.2 update i want to be able to receive that update. (if i have to revert back to my current os it's fine)

3. I want the ability to run apps on my sd card

4. Flash, Faster/smaller OS

5. Increase battery life

5. Tether

6. Overclocking/ not really importan but something nice to have as long as its safe (I do play with computers alot and overclock computers but phone overclocking is out of my head xD)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1. I Dont know about that, perhaps another user can chime in.

2. If you root and remove system apps, you will not get 2.2 if it comes out. You wont even get 2.1 updates. You will need to flash back to V6 then allow the phone to update on its own. I did this without having to ask. A Google search gave me all I needed.

3. Pretty sure Velocity ROM has this but I dont use it so I cant confirm 100%

4. Velocity ROM

5. The more you use it the faster the battery will go. Thats just the way it is. perhaps Velocity helps this??

5. (you listed 5 twice so I did too) You can already tether. The app is called PDANet. Free version available. Full version allows for visiting secure sites (https)

6.I'm not sure about that either.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    1. I Dont know about that, perhaps another user can chime in.

2. If you root and remove system apps, you will not get 2.2 if it comes out. You wont even get 2.1 updates. You will need to flash back to V6 then allow the phone to update on its own. I did this without having to ask. A Google search gave me all I needed.

3. Pretty sure Velocity ROM has this but I dont use it so I cant confirm 100%

4. Velocity ROM

5. The more you use it the faster the battery will go. Thats just the way it is. perhaps Velocity helps this??

5. (you listed 5 twice so I did too) You can already tether. The app is called PDANet. Free version available. Full version allows for visiting secure sites (https)

6.I'm not sure about that either.

Thank you very much for fast reply. I should have stated ROM instead of OS. The device is running rom right? so I'm running stock rom right now. Not sure how to check the version on it. I want to back up my own rom so I can revert back later if I ever need to use my warrnaty

I dont know of any way to backup the entire device or how to make a rom out of your current setup. But if you root and/or install a custom ROM, the only way that I know of to get back to stock ROM is to reflash to V6 then the phone will update itself to the most current stock ROM which is VZB. A simple Google search will give you lots of links to help you with this. Like this one

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ck-lg-rom.html

To make a backup copy of your current ROM, use Universal Androot to root your phone. Then get an app called ClockWorkMod Recovery which will allow you to backup your current ROM to your SDCard so that you can go back to it at any time. But please make sure you read the directions on how to properly flash a new ROM before you start messing around. If you don't do it properly you can brick the phone. Also, please make sure you have backed up your current ROM beforehand as well. Can't stress that one enough because if you do screw up flashing a new ROM you can always reload this backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    To make a backup copy of your current ROM, use Universal Androot to root your phone. Then get an app called ClockWorkMod Recovery which will allow you to backup your current ROM to your SDCard so that you can go back to it at any time. But please make sure you read the directions on how to properly flash a new ROM before you start messing around. If you don't do it properly you can brick the phone. Also, please make sure you have backed up your current ROM beforehand as well. Can't stress that one enough because if you do screw up flashing a new ROM you can always reload this backup.

How do i root? I'm using windows 7 64 bit right now.

Wish there was a easier instruction on how to properly install velocity from stock ALLY

Just finished rooting then put velocity on it. Hrmm.. whats next? lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links