Returning Ally to bone stock

This is a discussion on Returning Ally to bone stock within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; When I first rooted my phone, I did something stupid.... I deleted stock apps without making a backup. I'm now encountering an issue with my ...

Thread: Returning Ally to bone stock

When I first rooted my phone, I did something stupid.... I deleted stock apps without making a backup.

I'm now encountering an issue with my vibration that requires me to return the phone under warranty I reflashed the stock LGVS740 rom onto the phone, but none of the stock apps are on there. Do I need to somehow locate a copy of the verizon ROM and flash that? Where would I find such a thing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go here and download\install the 'Stock V8' ROM: Stock V8

If that doesn't work (which it should because i've used it twice)...

Go here and follow these directions to go back to Stock V6: Stock V6

Does that have all of the "extra" apps, like corporate calendar and socialite with it?

They are both complete stock ROMs so they come with everything that those ROMs had when released by Verizon.

awesome. thanks a ton

So you simply use Rom Manager to install it back? and that is it? will it restore the stock kernel too?.... i changed the kernel in order to overclock my phone....

I had to play with it for a while, but what I did that finally worked was to flash a stock ROM (see the links above). This gave me a full stock phone with the exception of the recovery. Then I went here:

http://savoxis.com/ally/recovery.html

and downloaded the flash_image script and recovery image listed under "manual installation"

Now, don't follow the instructions there. Just put the two files on the root of your sd card, root your phone, open up a terminal and run flash_image (from the sdcard). This will write the stock recovery to the phone. Then once you unroot the phone, it will be 100% stock. Using this method, I was able to get my phone to take the OTA update.

I believe the reason It was failing before on mine is because I was copying the flash_image script to the phone hardware but not uninstalling it before taking the update (which made it fail). You might be able to make it work by following the guide on that link verbatim, then deleting the flash_image binary from the phone's system memory.

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    I had to play with it for a while, but what I did that finally worked was to flash a stock ROM (see the links above). This gave me a full stock phone with the exception of the recovery. Then I went here:

http://savoxis.com/ally/recovery.html

and downloaded the flash_image script and recovery image listed under "manual installation"

Now, don't follow the instructions there. Just put the two files on the root of your sd card, root your phone, open up a terminal and run flash_image (from the sdcard). This will write the stock recovery to the phone. Then once you unroot the phone, it will be 100% stock. Using this method, I was able to get my phone to take the OTA update.

I believe the reason It was failing before on mine is because I was copying the flash_image script to the phone hardware but not uninstalling it before taking the update (which made it fail). You might be able to make it work by following the guide on that link verbatim, then deleting the flash_image binary from the phone's system memory.

Nice, thank you, will do... i just really want to get the 2.2 update coming soon lol.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links