Well I'm running the Froyo ROM now

This is a discussion on Well I'm running the Froyo ROM now within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; The only major aspect they don't have working so far is the camera. I decided I could live with that now that they at least ...

Thread: Well I'm running the Froyo ROM now

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    The only major aspect they don't have working so far is the camera. I decided I could live with that now that they at least got GPS and most other functions working. I also have a Gingerbread theme slapped on top of it.

It is very snappy. Hard to judge battery life because my battery appears to be headed for the end of it's life cycle, I've been struggling to go a full day lately even before trying Froyo. Need to eBay a new one.

My benchmark tests gets around 7.5mflops, whereas a stock Ally used to get 4-something. No overclocking or anything. So it does indeed perform almost twice as fast.

Nothing too life altering though. But if anyone has any questions I can try to answer. And if you want to try it for yourself head to the "Ally - All Things Root" forum at Android Forums.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You've got cajones i'll give you that. I'll wait for the offical ROM that is supposedly coming in February.

can you please post a link i cant find it. thank you.

Motorola Droid 4

sorry if i was unclear, i meant a link to download the 2.2 rom because i couldnt find it in the all things root forum

Sorry, I don't have that info. I haven't rooted.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    The only major aspect they don't have working so far is the camera. I decided I could live with that now that they at least got GPS and most other functions working. I also have a Gingerbread theme slapped on top of it.

It is very snappy. Hard to judge battery life because my battery appears to be headed for the end of it's life cycle, I've been struggling to go a full day lately even before trying Froyo. Need to eBay a new one.

My benchmark tests gets around 7.5mflops, whereas a stock Ally used to get 4-something. No overclocking or anything. So it does indeed perform almost twice as fast.

Nothing too life altering though. But if anyone has any questions I can try to answer. And if you want to try it for yourself head to the "Ally - All Things Root" forum at Android Forums.

DID YOU HAVE TO UNROOT BEFORE YOU UPDATED TO 2.2 ???

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    The ROM BMB was using is *not* the official 2.2 from LG/Verizon.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links