App Remover

This is a discussion on App Remover within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Can anyone out there just write an app that you can use to delete all those pesky apps version and most likely other phone venders ...

Thread: App Remover

Can anyone out there just write an app that you can use to delete all those pesky apps version and most likely other phone venders down load that I do not want, like City ID, Corporate Calander, and others in this vane. I am not tecky enough to understand what you are describing about rooting and programing, never mind actually doing it. I would pay for a simple app that looks at all apps installed on your phone and than allows you to dump any you do not want or use. I mean seriously, how many of the apps that show up under setting really are needed to run phone systems and how many are just crap the phone vender is getting paid to put there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If it was possible to create an app to do that, someone would have done it by now. Rooting is the only way to remove them. Don't feel bad, I am a techy and I don't understand 1/2 of what they are talking about either when it comes to rooting.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'd suggest you get LauncherPro as your theme. It allows you to hide unused, unwanted Apps from view. Out of sight, out of mind. I have all that crap hidden: MySpace, Socialite, CityID, Amazon (x2), Backup Assistant, E-mail (I only use the Gmail App), Calendar (I use Jorte), Corporate Calendar, etc., etc.

I know they are there on the phone and that still bugs me, but I rarely see them, so it makes it a lot easier.

There are other launchers out there that can possibly hide unused Apps, but I am sold on LauncherPro's other features, like uninstalling Apps if I hover the icon over the trashcan for a few seconds. And many others.

There are apps to do that already, but the way the phone is setup, you have to root the phone in order to remove any of the preinstalled apps. Believe it or not, even though it is your phone, you are not considered the 'administrator' of the phone. You only have limited access to certain features, one being removing preinstalled apps. That's what rooting does. It gives you super user rights which allows you to do anything you want to the phone. It makes you the 'administrator' of all of the phones features, apps, settings, etc.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links