please help with basic terms!

This is a discussion on please help with basic terms! within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; I need to learn some basic terms and things. First of all, how do I boot to recovery on my lg ally? Also, what does ...

Thread: please help with basic terms!

I need to learn some basic terms and things. First of all, how do I boot to recovery on my lg ally? Also, what does it mean to "flash" a certain file on your sd card, and how do I do so. I am also interested into rolling back to android 2.1 from 2.2 because I seem to have lost superuser permissions after updating. I used the program "superuser permissions" to get superuser access. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    You should know how to boot into recovery. How else did you get 2.2 on your Ally? There is no officialy Froyo yet.

seems you would know or would have already done some of the things you have questions about if you rooted your phone to use 2.2

might be better to post these questions in the Hacking/Development section and maybe a search of that section will have answers to your questions

I didn't have to root my phone to update to 2.2. It just became available and I just allowed it to do so without thinking. And as far as getting root on my phone origionally, I downloaded an app through qr that did the root for me. Its called superuser permissions. Thats the name of the app. It needs to update the binary folder, but gets an error when trying to do it automatically. It says I need to boot to recovery mode and flash a certain file (su-bin something) to get it to update. I do not know how to do these things. The only time I have ever flashed anything it was public indecency and had nothing to do with a cell phone.....lol

Btw...sorry for the wrong info. Not 2.2. Its 2.1 update 1 my bad.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    2.1 update 1 is what the phone shipped with stock. You probably got an OTA update for ZVC or whatever the newest version is. Download z4root and re-root. The app "superuser permissions" does not root.

LOL. People flipped because of this stupid Froyo wait. I am with you! Stupid Verizon!

jimbob, check out the Hacking & Development section. Where I am also moving this thread. There might be more info there. That long thread about Rooting that I never read could be a good start.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links