Unable to get OTA Update

This is a discussion on Unable to get OTA Update within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; My wife has the Ally and have returned it to V8 stock from velocity 0.4, even after returning to stock I am not able to ...

Thread: Unable to get OTA Update

My wife has the Ally and have returned it to V8 stock from velocity 0.4, even after returning to stock I am not able to receive the OTA 2.2 update. Any chance someone grabbed the OTA and I could manually flash via clockwork?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i put zvb on my phone and did a factory reset and immediately got the 2.2 update. did you try a factory reset?

Why dont you just download the LG Update tool and upgrade to 2.2 manually?

Follow post # 6 here

http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/2163-froyo-released/

OK, thanks I will try both ways.....sorry for my ignorance as I am a Moto User and they have a much different approach to doing things...lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The LG Update Tool worked like a charm....thanks for that bit of info marioval

I'm running velocity v .4 and I was wondering how do I uninstsll it and get the stock rom so I can get the froyo update

1. reflash the phone with either the nandroid backup you made of your stock phone before installing velocity or one of the zvc or zvb images floating around.

2. Download flash_image and the stock recovery to your sd card

3. Connect to the phone over adb and get a root shell

4. Run flash_image off the sd card to reflash the stock boot loader

5. Reboot the phone and try to boot into the bootloader (hold power, send and menu until LG screen appears, then release). If you get the android ! and it reboots, then you are all set

6. If your phone doesn't start downloading the update right away, do a manual checkin (dial *#*#checkin#*#*). Do this for every update until you get the 2.2 update.

I kind of simplified a lot of those steps, but I'm assuming since you've flashed a custom ROM that this stuff shouldn't be all that foreign to you. Here is a link to some some more detail and some files:

http://savoxis.com/ally/recovery.html

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links