Ever Since Froyo Installation, Terrible Phone Storage

This is a discussion on Ever Since Froyo Installation, Terrible Phone Storage within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Okay sooo ever since I received & installed the notification on my phone to install the new android froyo system update, my phone has gotten ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Since Froyo Installation, Terrible Phone Storage

Okay sooo ever since I received & installed the notification on my phone to install the new android froyo system update, my phone has gotten crapppppy phone storage! I've had to uninstall at least 4 or 5 apps that were on my phone before the update, even after moving 3 apps to my sd card. I get the "Low space!" And "Incoming text rejected" notifications at random throughout the day while I'm surfing the internet or on my facebook app. I don't know why its been happening, but its extremely frustrating to deal with. I do not want to uninstall apps I use on a daily basis. I clear my text message inbox often. The only solution to the low space problem is to uninstall my fav apps. Is this happening with anyone else or am I the only one??? Opinions??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to "manage applications" in the settings menu, sort the apps by size (menu -> sort by size). Click on the larger ones (top of the list) and clear their caches. I can typically gain back 5 to 10 Mb by clearing my browser cache alone.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest a complete factory reset. I was having some odd issues with 2.2 when I first installed it that a factory reset cured.

A new (additional) suggestion is to open Maps > Menu > Settings and clear the cache there. I found my cache there to be huge even though I barely use Maps. For some reason, this is not cleared in Manage Applications.

@ vortmax: that seemed to help a lot. Thanks!

@Quasar: I went to maps, pressed the menu button, but saw no settings...? I did find alllll the cache on there by going to maps > menu > more > about.......but I saw no way to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyLover View Post
    @Qasar: I went to maps, pressed the menu button, but saw no settings...? I did find alllll the cache on there by going to maps > menu > more > about.......but I saw no way to clear it.

I had forgotten about "more" and that it is called "Cache Settings" as I did it from memory. Here is what I just did:

Maps > Menu > More > Cache Settings > Clear map tile cache.

(mine was 5.7MB which I am starting to think is normal, but Ak8s reported as much as 20MB. That is a lot!)

When I go maps > menu > more, the only options I have are "labs", "switch account", "help", "terms, privacy, & notices", and "about"......

Have you upgraded your map app?
    Motorola Droid 4

That mustve been why I didn't have that option! Lol :-)

I upgraded it & cleared it. After being installed, the cache for that app was 354KB!

Thanks for the help with that.

More offers me: Labs, Cache Settings, Help, Terms Privacy & Notes and About.

I added my 2nd Google account to my phone just to test this. Now More offers me: Labs, Switch Account, Cache Settings, Help, Terms Privacy & Notes and About.

Have you tried "Switch Account" to ensure your primary account is used?

Are you sure you have the latest version of Maps?

About shows me: Version 5.0.0 (#5014) gmm-android-lge [See the PS below].

To check for updates open the Market > Menu > My apps. If there is an update available it should be listed towards the top of that list.

PS- I just checked and the Market does not have my Apps listed, so instead I opened AppBrain. AppBrain sent me to the Market to update Maps again. So now the latest version is 5.1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    PS- I just checked and the Market does not have my Apps listed, so instead I opened AppBrain. AppBrain sent me to the Market to update Maps again. So now the [b]latest version is 5.1.0.

Didn't you say you reloaded your apps from a backup? They won't show up in the market under My Apps until you go to the market and redownload them.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links