How can I get this Dock on my Ally?

This is a discussion on How can I get this Dock on my Ally? within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Does Anyone know how to get this bottom bar on our Ally's by chance???? I attached a pic of what i'm talking about its at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get this Dock on my Ally?

Does Anyone know how to get this bottom bar on our Ally's by chance???? I attached a pic of what i'm talking about its at the bottom...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I guess you are talking about the dock (I hope so because I edited your title). The dock is the buttons at the bottom of the screen. What you need is a customizable launcher (aka Home Theme). You can change your launcher by going to your App drawer and touching Themes. By default you are offered LG Home or Android Home stock launchers. Other launchers you can download include LauncherPro, Go, PandaHome+, ADW, etc. etc. I don't know which one can produce this cool looking dock. I use LauncherPro.

LauncherPro offers 3 scrollable docks, each with 5 customizable spots for Apps/shortcuts. So my dock scrolls separately from my home screens, and the 3 docks loop around. There are also a few different looks for the dock. LP also offers cool transitions, so when i scroll my home screens you can choose different effects. I use "Cube" transitions so my screen rolls to the next screen like a die or a block.

Each launcher offers some pretty cool stuff, like LP gives up to 7 home screens and lets you Uninstall Apps if you hover them over the trash can for a second. I think it was the Go Launcher that uses Gestures. So you swipe upwards to open the Notification Bar, and you can assign what swipe downwards would open, like Phone. ADW and some other ones offer add-ons to their launchers. These add-ons are also called "themes," and can, say, give your phone a Gingerbread look, or an Iron Man theme, for example. For the dock you show, I would guess it is one of these add-on themes to the ADW launcher, but I am not positive if it is ADW, and if so, which add-on theme. There are lots! I don't remember where I saw the one in the pic but I think I have seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I guess you are talking about the dock (I hope so because I edited your title). The dock is the buttons at the bottom of the screen. What you need is a customizable launcher (aka Home Theme). You can change your launcher by going to your App drawer and touching Themes. By default you are offered LG Home or Android Home stock launchers. Other launchers you can download include LauncherPro, Go, PandaHome+, ADW, etc. etc. I don't know which one can produce this cool looking dock. I use LauncherPro.

LauncherPro offers 3 scrollable docks, each with 5 customizable spots for Apps/shortcuts. So my dock scrolls separately from my home screens, and the 3 docks loop around. There are also a few different looks for the dock. LP also offers cool transitions, so when i scroll my home screens you can choose different effects. I use "Cube" transitions so my screen rolls to the next screen like a die or a block.

Each launcher offers some pretty cool stuff, like LP gives up to 7 home screens and lets you Uninstall Apps if you hover them over the trash can for a second. I think it was the Go Launcher that uses Gestures. So you swipe upwards to open the Notification Bar, and you can assign what swipe downwards would open, like Phone. ADW and some other ones offer add-ons to their launchers. These add-ons are also called "themes," and can, say, give your phone a Gingerbread look, or an Iron Man theme, for example. For the dock you show, I would guess it is one of these add-on themes to the ADW launcher, but I am not positive if it is ADW, and if so, which add-on theme. There are lots! I don't remember where I saw the one in the pic but I think I have seen it before.

I have tried a few of these launchers, specifically the launcherpro and the Go launcher. I really like the xtra features but they really slow down the screens if I add much of anything to them.

For instance if I go into the browser then close it, it takes several seconds for all the home screen icons to appear again and a few more seconds before I can switch to another screen...(frozen)

The Launcherpro would take as long as 10 to 20 seconds before my homescreens icons would reappear. Go launcher was not quite as bad..but still slow. any suggestions. as I said I really like them but it gets very annoying waiting for things to load and work again. at present time I have 30 mg free on internal phone storage.

IMO, it is a matter of settings. I am enjoying LauncherPro! I only lag when I have a few resources-heavy Apps on when my screen times out and I try to re-open the screen. This is only 3 to 5 seconds though. Once this resulted in sliding up and down rather than across to open the phone.

Are you using Live Wallpaper? IMO Live Wallpaper is a resource hog. It has been the culprit for others when it comes to lag.

IMO, it is a matter of settings. I am enjoying LauncherPro! I only lag when I have a few resources-heavy Apps on when my screen times out and I try to re-open the screen. This is only 3 to 5 seconds though. Once this resulted in sliding up and down rather than across to open the phone.

Are you using Live Wallpaper? IMO Live Wallpaper is a resource hog. It has been the culprit for others when it comes to lag.

no live wallpaper...will widgets use alot of resources? and cause it to slow down alot?

would you mind sharing some of your settings? if I could get the LP to work without the lag...I would get it again.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I use ADW and really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by halfkrazy View Post
    no live wallpaper...will widgets use alot of resources? and cause it to slow down alot?

Depends on the widget.

The Power Strip widget doesn't do anything until you touch one of it's icons.

The News and Weather widget is constantly using resources to get the latest temps and news headings. Just make sure it isn't set to Prefetch articles and images.
    Motorola Droid 4

Check Running Services. It will tell you how much RAM is being eaten up by your active widgets. I generalize when I write, under 5MB is normal, over 5MB I wonder why the App needs that much mojo. Most of mine are 3MB and under.

Check Running Services. It will tell you how much RAM is being eaten up by your active widgets. I generalize when I write, under 5MB is normal, over 5MB I wonder why the App needs that much mojo. Most of mine are 3MB and under.

ok...thanks for the info...did an overhaul on my phone. I had VLingo on it and it was using 9 mg of ram, it's gone now, and a few other apps also. I still have an app called app protector on there, it is using 6 mg but I really like it so i'm keeping it for now....all others are 3 or under. went from using over 50 mg of ram down to 28 mg (avg)....I put LP back on my phone and it's working pretty good now. thanks again.

Interesting discussion of lag, etc. But to answer the original question, the launcher in the photo is the stock HTC Sense launcher. HTC is the only launcher that uses that curved "phone" button. And I haven't seen any launchers in the market that mimic that, exactly, but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links