Ally as Android test bed

This is a discussion on Ally as Android test bed within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; The Ally makes jumping from Verizon and LG to T-Mobile and Nexus look very good. Who else but LG has a FOUR part device driver!? ...

Thread: Ally as Android test bed

The Ally makes jumping from Verizon and LG to T-Mobile and Nexus look very good. Who else but LG has a FOUR part device driver!?

Once I got Android programs from Eclipse to the Ally. But alias, I got lost when I tried to re-do the same thing a day later. I believe that the device drivers have to be downloaded for each test.

Is it because the device drivers are incompatible with regular phone operations?

Special considerations. I am using a Radio Shack USB cable. Thieves stole my factory cable.

I created an AVD in Eclipse that matches the Ally: Android 2.1.1? leval 7?

I am sweating my way though "Hello, Android" by Ed Burnette. currently on about page 47.

His admonition to test each step has become my mantra.

His chapter 3.5 "implement the About box" has had me stymied a couple of days.

I had to delete two lines of "text size" to avoid errors and get main.xml from page 41 to work on the emulator.

Turn off antiv virus programs on phone and computer.

I use an Acer aspire One and windows XP.

If there are any others trying to use the Ally for Android development, please say something, don't be ashamed for trying to do the near impossible. I have seen the initials P.O.S. in associated with the word Ally.

mitch.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Success at long last! I have taken an Android app from source code through Eclipse, the Android Virtual Device, and onto my LG Ally! What an effort though. The program I used was from Ed Burnette's "Hello Android."

I did not have to "root" or "brick" it. The trick was getting the LG/Verizon device drivers working and NOT have my dongle attached. I used a wifi.connection.

Still seems I need a wifi to duplicate download the device drivers and activate a USB link. I cannot use my verizon dongle to get the Ally connected. Two Verizon connections confuses the software???

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links