Ally as Android test bed

This is a discussion on Ally as Android test bed within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; The Android developer site has serpentine instructions for getting device drivers. Googles instructions make LG and Verizon really shabby though. LG has separate carrier and ...

Thread: Ally as Android test bed

The Android developer site has serpentine instructions for getting device drivers. Googles instructions make LG and Verizon really shabby though.

LG has separate carrier and phone model options for device driver downloads. I use Verizon.for the carrier and vs740 for the model designation.

tips:

Shut off firewalls,

Be sure to get all the device driver(s) mine had FOUR!

Using Eclipse, set up a virtual device just like your phone, i.e. Ally. Get your prog. running on the virtual device as best you can. Close that virtual device, "Run" your program as an Android Application again but this time with USB plugged in. On your phone, be sure to have "pulled down the window shade" and activated the USB and debugging options.

Did I have to turn on the Ally after my computer was set up and listening? I forgot.

Really it just takes a lot of stumbling around. I tried so many things. I was surprised when it worked.

After a couple of weeks I'll probably have a path figured out.

I did NOT have to risk "bricking" the Ally by unlocking.

Read the d.android.com site 'till you are green in your little hemispherical face. (Allusion to the old Android mascot.)

I am studying

best wishes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links