Rooted but can't get Droidwall to work

This is a discussion on Rooted but can't get Droidwall to work within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello everyone, So a quick history here - We manually updated the Ally to Froyo 2.2 using the LG site. Then we rooted the phone ...

Thread: Rooted but can't get Droidwall to work

Hello everyone,

So a quick history here - We manually updated the Ally to Froyo 2.2 using the LG site. Then we rooted the phone using superoneclick. After rooting the phone we downloaded Droidwall. At no point did Droidwall ask for superuser access and when I try to enable the firewall it says that it needs superuser access. I have the superuser icon in my applications but there are no apps listed when you open it.

Also, since rooting we've been having a problem with wifi. It connects just fine but once the phone goes idle it disconnects and won't reconnect unless you turn off wifi and turn it back on.

Oh, and yes I did do a factory reset after installing froyo.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update - shut the phone down and took the battery our for 5 minutes......seems to have fixed the problem.

I rooted my Ally using Super1Click then tried flashing the Punisher rom. It failed the flash and just factory reset my phone. Thinking I don't want to try again.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuk1998 View Post
    I rooted my Ally using Super1Click then tried flashing the Punisher rom. It failed the flash and just factory reset my phone. Thinking I don't want to try again.

Punisher is a 2.1 ROM. If you have stock 2.2 you cannot flash a 2.1 ROM. You have to flash ROMs that are 2.2 based.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Punisher is a 2.1 ROM. If you have stock 2.2 you cannot flash a 2.1 ROM. You have to flash ROMs that are 2.2 based.

Oops. My bad. Maybe I will try it again then. Which rom boosts the speed the most?

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    There are only a few 2.2 ROMs out there; Byron, Byron Bare, A Froyo ROM, and Velocity 1.0. Take your pick.

I'll try Velocity when I get a chance. Thanx for the help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links