velocity v1.0 or stock froyo?

This is a discussion on velocity v1.0 or stock froyo? within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've heard velocity makes the phone faster and gives it many new features. I would love to have the black status bar like in gingerbread ...

Thread: velocity v1.0 or stock froyo?

I've heard velocity makes the phone faster and gives it many new features. I would love to have the black status bar like in gingerbread but if I do get velocity it would be my very first time installing a custom rom. So what are your thoughts? Is the stock froyo rom better than velocity or vice versa and would you recommend one over the other? Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was excited when i installed Velocity 1.0! It worked great for about a week and started getting buggy. Durring the week, it was as fast as my budys droid X, very smooth, apps opened great, it worked like a dream! Then slowly the touch screen started getting unresponsive, certain websites stopped loading correctly,a nd a few other gripes here and there. I decided to reflash 1.0 and it worked good fo a day, and then went back to being buggy. I decided to go back to 2.2 and just used system app remover to get rid of all the bloat apps. The phone runs good again, but no where as fast and smooth as it did that first week with velocity. This could have been my phone, and it might work great for you like it has for so many others! I wish you luck! and let me how it goes for you. Make sure you make a back up before you do it of course.

-Tucker

Alright, I'll give it a try! Quick question though, can it be flashed straight from our stock froyo or do I need to install a custom froyo rom first? I ask because the website I'm getting this from says you should instal their froyo rom while others say it worked with stock.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    If you have Froyo and are rooted with a custom recovery go ahead and flash Velocity 1.0.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links