2.2.2

This is a discussion on 2.2.2 within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat Ruined our phones?? Not according to the devs on this forum post thread http://androidforums...-avaiable.html. My phone is working better ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: 2.2.2

  1. #11
    Android Lurker Sora1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    Ruined our phones?? Not according to the devs on this forum post thread http://androidforums...-avaiable.html. My phone is working better than ever so, If I ruined my phone ...please explain how! If I am able to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery I do not see how I ruined my phone!


    If your phone was shipped with V6, you don't have any reason to worry. Any phone shipped after V6 has access to the bootloader blocked, meaning if you did adb reboot-bootloader or used quick boot to access the bootloader, the phone would simply just reboot. And the "ruined" you're thinking about isn't ruined to the point it won't work, it's more of you're making it worse by using SuperOneClick to root the device, instead of using this guide to root it. Another thing, using ClockworkMod Recovery messes with the Ally. CWM doesn't like the Ally. Trust me, I know, as I've experienced what it does. Use drellisdee's (A.K.A. getitnowmarketing) amon ra recovery, as it's there for a reason.

  2. #12
    Android Lurker lhobby3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    Yes, thanks! Learned a lot yesterday, I used Super OneClick v 1.9.1 to root, dowloaded ROM Manager and flashed ClockworkMod Recovery, backed up stock ROM, then flashed Velocity 1.1. My phone has never worked better and I wish I would have done this long ago ...guess I was worried I would brick it.



    It was fairly easy to do and I love the results!


    Hey man, i was wanting to do the exact same thing to my gf's new phone. I was wondering if there is anyway you can give me step by step instructions on how u did this? I got super oneclick, do i need the phone drivers, where can i get them, where can i download rom manager, and flash clockworkmod recovery, I would be forever in your debt if you could help me out a little and maybe give me some help as to how you accomplished getting from 2.2.2, to velocity 1.1. Thanks so much, Luke

  3. #13
    Android Lurker Sora1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by lhobby3 View Post
    Hey man, i was wanting to do the exact same thing to my gf's new phone. I was wondering if there is anyway you can give me step by step instructions on how u did this? I got super oneclick, do i need the phone drivers, where can i get them, where can i download rom manager, and flash clockworkmod recovery, I would be forever in your debt if you could help me out a little and maybe give me some help as to how you accomplished getting from 2.2.2, to velocity 1.1. Thanks so much, Luke


    What, does no one heed my statement? Don't root it via SuperOneClick. You're only screwing yourself over if you do. Don't even use any app either. Do it the "long" way and get it done right. Oh, and not even Trident, the creator of Velocity, supports SuperOneClick. And don't use clockworkmod on the Ally. It messes with it. I've felt the repercussions of it. Use amonra, as that's what it's there for.



    EDIT: Oh! Sorry, didn't read the nickname, lhobby3. Glad to see you went to the IRC. Sorry bout that!

  4. #14
    Android Junkie allyAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    Sora1995



    I realize you are trying to be helpful but your posts are a little bit aggressive. You've made your point that you are against SuperOneClick but if someone wants to use it it is their choice.
    Motorola Droid 4

  5. #15
    Android Lurker Sora1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Sora1995



    I realize you are trying to be helpful but your posts are a little bit aggressive. You've made your point that you are against SuperOneClick but if someone wants to use it it is their choice.


    Being aggressive is not what I meant to pass off as. I understand that if people want to use it, it is their choice, but I'm telling them NOT to because it can, with an unfortunate turn of events, cost you the phone. I've helped tons of people and I know exactly what I'm talking about. Even the creator of Velocity doesn't want you to use SuperOneClick. Why take the shortcut and do it WRONG when you can take a little bit more time and do it RIGHT?

  6. #16
    Android Sr Member sherongb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    194
    Thanked
    2 times
    Sorta: While you may not mean to come across as aggressive even this last post you made, with the capitalized words (which is often meant to be shouting), comes off as aggressive. As Ally Android has said and you appear to agree with rooting with SuperOneClick, while maybe not the best way to root the Ally, has been used successfully by people. So it's not totally wrong, just something that can go wrong if not done carefully.



    Yes you want to help. Yes you feel passionate about how to root this phone. But what comes across is that you are right and everyone who doesn't do it your way is not right. In truth there are a number of different ways that all work. So please continue to offer your help with rooting the Ally, remind people to be careful when they do root the phone but don't put them down because they don't choose to follow your advice.



    You can be a valuable resource to members of the forum but not if they see you as negative or aggressive. Please take some time to review your posts and see how your passion has come across as aggressiveness. Please take these messages as an attempt to help you rather than as an attack on you.

  7. #17
    Android Lurker Sora1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    Sorta: While you may not mean to come across as aggressive even this last post you made, with the capitalized words (which is often meant to be shouting), comes off as aggressive. As Ally Android has said and you appear to agree with rooting with SuperOneClick, while maybe not the best way to root the Ally, has been used successfully by people. So it's not totally wrong, just something that can go wrong if not done carefully.



    Yes you want to help. Yes you feel passionate about how to root this phone. But what comes across is that you are right and everyone who doesn't do it your way is not right. In truth there are a number of different ways that all work. So please continue to offer your help with rooting the Ally, remind people to be careful when they do root the phone but don't put them down because they don't choose to follow your advice.



    You can be a valuable resource to members of the forum but not if they see you as negative or aggressive. Please take some time to review your posts and see how your passion has come across as aggressiveness. Please take these messages as an attempt to help you rather than as an attack on you.


    I was using the capitals as emphasis (it's a force of habit learned from the IRC (old habits die hard, eh?). I'll be sure to use italics from now on to emphasize stuff). And, as I said before, i don't want to pass off as aggressive, and if I did, I'm sorry. As for SOC, I'm simply letting them know that they shouldn't use a "one click root" because that's not the best thing, especially for this phone. And if it looked like I was putting someone down, I wasn't meaning to.

  8. #18
    Android Sr Member sherongb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    194
    Thanked
    2 times
    It is one of the problems with written communication that so much of what we mean is lost because all we have to rely on is the written word, and most of our communication is non verbal. So often what we read is colored by what else is going on with us rather than what the person who wrote the message was meaning.



    So lets all agree to let this be another lesson in how easy it is to misunderstand what is meant and agree to go on with discussions about this phone.

  9. #19
    Android Lurker dmkimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora1995 View Post
    If your phone was shipped with V6, you don't have any reason to worry. Any phone shipped after V6 has access to the bootloader blocked, meaning if you did adb reboot-bootloader or used quick boot to access the bootloader, the phone would simply just reboot. And the "ruined" you're thinking about isn't ruined to the point it won't work, it's more of you're making it worse by using SuperOneClick to root the device, instead of using this guide to root it. Another thing, using ClockworkMod Recovery messes with the Ally. CWM doesn't like the Ally. Trust me, I know, as I've experienced what it does. Use drellisdee's (A.K.A. getitnowmarketing) amon ra recovery, as it's there for a reason.


    Sorry, I haven't been on here earlier because things are working great! I do know from the Velocity 1.1 menu that I can (and have) reboot into the amon ra recovery, so does that mean I am lucky and everything is fine or do I need to go back and re-do something? I have no issues with my phone, I didn't even have any mms issues that a lot of folks are having.

  10. #20
    Android Lurker rogue2299@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Ok...so, I've been wanting to root my phone since I got it in October, however, since I am not totally 100% sure I know what I am doing, I have not yet. I have been following these forums and it seems like with the new update its easier to root now. Although from what I am gathering, with velocity 6, you shouldn't root it...My question is this: how the heck do I know if I have velocity, and what the heck is velocity? I suppose if I don't know, nor see it on my phone I don't have it? And since I don't see it on my phone I should be ok with using this super one click...am I right in assuming this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

downgrade android 2.2.2 to 2.2.1
,
how to downgrade lg ally
,
how to root a lg ally 2.2.2
,
how to root lg ally
,

how to root lg ally 2.2.2

,
how to root lg ally android 2.2.2
,
jailbreak lg ally
,

lg ally 2.2.2 root

,
lg ally jailbreak
,
lg ally root
,

lg ally root 2.2.2

,

root lg ally 2.2.2

,
root lg ally android 2.2 2
,
rooting lg ally 2.2.2
,
velocity lg ally 2.2.2
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum