This is a discussion on 2.2.2 within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; i am going to root using superoneclick (the long way says you need a pc which i dont have access to) and hopefully use velocity ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2.2.2

i am going to root using superoneclick (the long way says you need a pc which i dont have access to) and hopefully use velocity 1.1. will it make a difference if i use clockworkmod or amonra? also, how can i tell if my phone was shipped before v6?

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been on here earlier because things are working great! I do know from the Velocity 1.1 menu that I can (and have) reboot into the amon ra recovery, so does that mean I am lucky and everything is fine or do I need to go back and re-do something? I have no issues with my phone, I didn't even have any mms issues that a lot of folks are having.

It is probably for the best to reroot it using the guide if you haven't already simply due to the fact that it could quite possibly save your phone (not only that, it lets you do cool stuff too). Honestly, just about any "one click root" way for this phone isn't a smart or possibly safe idea. The longer the guide is, the better. I would say just reroot it using the guide just for the safety of the phone.

nvm...rooted easily with gingerbreak. downloaded rom manager and though it took as many tries as i had patience for, i was able to flash velocity. didnt have to use any long complicated guides to root, didnt really take much phone/computer knowledge at all and my phone is in no way 'ruined'

Quote Originally Posted by Rae_Ally View Post
    Ok...so, I've been wanting to root my phone since I got it in October, however, since I am not totally 100% sure I know what I am doing, I have not yet. I have been following these forums and it seems like with the new update its easier to root now. Although from what I am gathering, with velocity 6, you shouldn't root it...My question is this: how the heck do I know if I have velocity, and what the heck is velocity? I suppose if I don't know, nor see it on my phone I don't have it? And since I don't see it on my phone I should be ok with using this super one click...am I right in assuming this?

Velocity is a custom ROM made by Trident. If you haven't rooted your phone, you won't have Velocity. And you can use Super One Click to root, although it is not recommended to root the phone. I've got enough experience to know that using it is safe, but should not be used. The guide on Android Forums is what you should use to root it to get Velocity 1.1. If you want help, you can stop by the IRC channel here and we will help you out with the guide.

Android Lurker PS3AndroidHacker's Avatar
    Twitter
    PS3AndroidHacke
    Hey guys,wasnt sure where to post this one but I'm looking for the exact opposite. I just got my 2nd LG Ally a week ago and have rooted it,and installed Frunisher 1.0. When I go to >Settings>About Phone, my Android Verison is still 2.2.1 but at the bottom under Software Version it says VS740ZVE(the new 2.2.2 Update,VS740ZVD was 2.2.1). I have the updated radio from here: Android Ally And I also have the updated Kernel as well. Would the Kernel or baseband radio update affect the 2.2.2 update at all? I'm not sure but I've never seen this happen with any other Android phone I've had. Any info on this is greatly appreciated!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links