This is a discussion on 2.2.2 within the LG Ally Hacking / Development forums, part of the LG Ally category; Although I have scoured the corners of the internet there seems to be no clear way yet to root the new 2.2.2 update that came ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2.2

Although I have scoured the corners of the internet there seems to be no clear way yet to root the new 2.2.2 update that came out last week for the Ally. Wondering if there are any known ways to do this. Or at least any ways that might work. Another option I was wondering about that has worked for me in the past when jailbreaking on iOS is simply downgrading the software. Is that possible on Android to just go from 2.2.2 down to 2.2.1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think I got GingerBreak to work on my Ally running 2.2.2, just had Titanium Backup tell me it was working properly.

I just used superoneclick and it was one click.

SuperOneClick worked for me also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu8kusvA

Quote Originally Posted by XS2012 View Post
    SuperOneClick worked for me also...

[b][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu8kusvA[/media]

Which version of SuperOneClick did you use? and are you using a custom ROM? if so which one?

I tried to root my phone with Z4root. I does not seem to work. Lurking around on the android forum, I believe it may have to do with my pnone having the 2.2.2 update? It also appears that there may not be any custom roms for this ver of Android (buglessbeast 4.0, don't know if the overclocked speed (800mhz) will work on my Ally)? Wondering how I may return my phone to 2.2.1 so I can root , then switch to a custom ROM (either Frunisher 1.0, or Velocity 1.1) that will work with this pnone. Any help greatly appreciated!

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I don't think Bugless Beast has ever been working on the Ally.

GingerBreak works to root 2.2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    I don't think Bugless Beast has ever been working on the Ally.

GingerBreak works to root 2.2.2.

Yes, thanks! Learned a lot yesterday, I used Super OneClick v 1.9.1 to root, dowloaded ROM Manager and flashed ClockworkMod Recovery, backed up stock ROM, then flashed Velocity 1.1. My phone has never worked better and I wish I would have done this long ago ...guess I was worried I would brick it.

It was fairly easy to do and I love the results!

Allow me to explain something... using SuperOneClick successfully ruins any chance of getting into the bootloader, in which case you're screwed if you, let's say, flash a 2.1 ROM on accident and can't get into recovery. Congrats, you guys have now ruined your phones. If you want the TRUE way to root, let me know. I'll give you a link to the IRC for the room just in case you guys don't have it. http://webchat.freen...els=ally&uio=d4

Quote Originally Posted by Sora1995 View Post
    Allow me to explain something... using SuperOneClick successfully ruins any chance of getting into the bootloader, in which case you're screwed if you, let's say, flash a 2.1 ROM on accident and can't get into recovery. Congrats, you guys have now ruined your phones. If you want the TRUE way to root, let me know. I'll give you a link to the IRC for the room just in case you guys don't have it. http://webchat.freen...els=ally&uio=d4

Ruined our phones?? Not according to the devs on this forum post thread http://androidforums...-avaiable.html. My phone is working better than ever so, If I ruined my phone ...please explain how! If I am able to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery I do not see how I ruined my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    Yes, thanks! Learned a lot yesterday, I used Super OneClick v 1.9.1 to root, dowloaded ROM Manager and flashed ClockworkMod Recovery, backed up stock ROM, then flashed Velocity 1.1. My phone has never worked better and I wish I would have done this long ago ...guess I was worried I would brick it.

It was fairly easy to do and I love the results!

I just accidentally removed the stock messaging app and I am now rebooting from the back up I made last week with ClockWorkMod. I can send texts but not receive. All this after the 2.2.2 update. Hopefully this reverts me to 2.2.1 If not... I'm gonna be asking for major help. Rebooting now... ... ... ... ... SWEET! IT WORKED! YATAI!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links