Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by savmatt I had the same problem when I was running the handcent messaging app. At first I had no idea why it ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

Quote Originally Posted by savmatt View Post
    I had the same problem when I was running the handcent messaging app. At first I had no idea why it was doing it, then i realized it started doing it after I started using it... So I removed the app and the problem was gone... Not sure if your using handcent but if so thats prob your problem. Sucks cuz I really like that app because I can customize my message vibrate pattern, but it was not worth the annoying double mess thing... My buddy has the same problem with handcent and his incredible.

You should try "smart vibrator". Its an app I got... you turn off your normal sms and ringer vibrator and then use smart vibrator to customize your vibrate for texts and calls, what ever combo you want for as long as you want. You can even have a custom vibration for each contact...

Quote Originally Posted by travisl_2727 View Post
    You should try "smart vibrator". Its an app I got... you turn off your normal sms and ringer vibrator and then use smart vibrator to customize your vibrate for texts and calls, what ever combo you want for as long as you want. You can even have a custom vibration for each contact...

I'm getting the app just for the name

I actually found a similar app called dg alert classic. It is really cool. You can do custom vibration as well but you can also customize the led indicator light.

Quote Originally Posted by savmatt View Post
    I had the same problem when I was running the handcent messaging app. At first I had no idea why it was doing it, then i realized it started doing it after I started using it... So I removed the app and the problem was gone... Not sure if your using handcent but if so thats prob your problem. Sucks cuz I really like that app because I can customize my message vibrate pattern, but it was not worth the annoying double mess thing... My buddy has the same problem with handcent and his incredible.

I do use handcent. awww i really wouldnt want to uninstall it. i love using that app. but yes its getting on my nerves that it gives me duplicate texts

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. When I recieve picture massages they go into my sms displaying the picture. What I need to know is how do I save the picture to my sd card. In the old days with my dare I would click options and it would say save picture. I can't for the life of me figure out how it works on the android op system in my ally I need to figure this out so I can get rid of my old text. Anyone who has figured this out please help. Thanks

Just long press on the picture and it will bring up a menu...from there you just choose the option you want

Quote Originally Posted by dchirch View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. When I recieve picture massages they go into my sms displaying the picture. What I need to know is how do I save the picture to my sd card. In the old days with my dare I would click options and it would say save picture. I can't for the life of me figure out how it works on the android op system in my ally I need to figure this out so I can get rid of my old text. Anyone who has figured this out please help. Thanks

Like travisl_2727 said, just press on the picture and it will ask you to name the picture and then it will save it to the "Download folder with the name you have assigned. NOTE: On my Ally's SD card I have two folders with similar names, one is "Downloads" and the other is "Download" just to avoid confusion.

Just wanted to know if this phone can easily be set to vibrate for a text alert. My daughter doesn't want it dinging/ringing for every text (that gets nutty...lol). I've seen some apps referred to, but it seems like it should be a simple setting and it would seem ridiculous for it not to be there or to need a separate App to be downloaded. Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi MKB, look over in the apps forum for the ring or vibrate topic,...Trav left some tips that might help.

Messaging>settings button (the button with a bunch of lines on it)>settings option> vibrate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links